TTYD patch for AMD black screen sewer issue?

KrowSZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone fixed the black screen issue in the sewer yet? can't progress any further but i'm seeing the game works fine on mac and nvidia gpus, so just an AMD thing i guess..?

edit: probably should mention im on latest ryujinx lol

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure it was due to them directly profiting from the emulator.
By that logic, tools like Retroarch would get shutdown for having a Patreon.

If you read the lawsuit, they specifically site the fact that the emulator allowed users to play leaked games early like Tears of the Kingdom. Read the suit for yourself if you don't believe me. At any rate, no self-respecting emulation team is going anywhere near Thousand Year Door after the fallout so you're going to have to learn some patience.

KrowSZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you read the lawsuit, they specifically site the fact that the emulator allowed users to play leaked games early like Tears of the Kingdom. Read the suit for yourself if you don't believe me. At any rate, no self-respecting emulation team is going anywhere near Thousand Year Door after the fallout so you're going to have to learn some patience.
they already fixed it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Which is BS because Yuzu made a point of purposely not supporting leaked games. What the community does is out of their control and has nothing to do with the emulator in any case.
Whatever the lawsuit says doesn't tell the whole story. Nintendo didn't provide just one argument in their lawsuit, and since it was settled out of court, we'll never know whether and which of those arguments would've actually held up.

Nintendo chose to target Yuzu, likely because of the reason you stated. That's their motive, but it's not something that would win them the case. It's just what made them pissed off enough to do something. They could've just as easily targeted Ryujinx, but Yuzu happened to be the more popular one so it's better to make an example out of.

Any emulator is a potential target. We all know how much emulators piss Nintendo off. They have an entire piracy page going on about "emulation is evil regardless of whether it's legal or not" and they clearly wish it wasn't legal.

This time it was Yuzu, next time it could be Ryujinx, or, indeed, even RetroArch. It doesn't even matter whether they have a valid argument because nobody has the balls to take on Nintendo in court and they end up settling. Make Nintendo mad enough, and the ninjas are coming for you.

The only reason they aren't going after RetroArch is because it doesn't play their current console. So as far as Nintendo are concerned, it's near irrelevant. They aren't making money off their older systems. Especially when they don't even give us Virtual Console anymore. RetroArch is a big enough name that supporting Switch emulation would put a pretty big target on its head. Maybe that's why it doesn't support it.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

scish

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they already fixed it.
Hi, I'm still having this issue. Would you be able to point me in the direction of this fix or what I need to do? Thanks
Post automatically merged:

they already fixed it.
Hi, I am Still having this issue. Would you be able to point me in the direction of this fix or what I need to do? Thank you

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm still having this issue. Would you be able to point me in the direction of this fix or what I need to do? Thanks

Hi, I am Still having this issue. Would you be able to point me in the direction of this fix or what I need to do? Thank you
https://github.com/Ryujinx/Ryujinx/pull/6852

Reactions: LuisGrumpy

LuisGrumpy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for being such a newbie, but how can I fix it? I have a Steam Deck. Thank you!

Apologies for being such a newbie, but how can I fix it? I have a Steam Deck. Thank you!

scish

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, appreciate the help but unfortunately not sure what any of it means. Was hoping it was an easy thing but tried downloading the Windows file and the game doesn't load at all now just crashes on start up. Thanks again though and glad it's working for those that know what they're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you there?