Hacking ttmenu.sys error

iceshake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just got my DSTT. tried 1.06, 1.07 and 1.08, fat16 fat32, using windows xp and pansonic sd card to format but will still get the "ttmenu.sys error" when i try to load the roms.

I notice that when i encounter the error, and when i reinsert the micro sd card into the card reader, all the filenames have an exclamation mark "!" in the file name.

2jayikn.jpg

I've tried to let the card generate a ttmenu.sys by not copying that file in, and the problem still occurs.

I suspect it has something to do with the mysterious creation of excalmation marks in all the files/folder names in the root folder. None of the file names in all the folders have this issue.

Can anybody give me a hand with this problem? Thanks in advance.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've also never seen this problem, but it looks like it has to do with the filenames as you suggested. It's curious that you have two TTMENU.SYS files on there. What happens when you rename the files back to their correct names in Windows (and delete one of the extra .SYS files)? Do they get reset back to the ones with the exclamation marks? You might try a different microSD card or a different microSD card reader (borrow one if you don't have one). Are you using the card reader that comes with the DSTT? People have had problems with those readers, so I wonder if maybe your reader is causing the problem.

-Bri

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some weird things can happen with these cards. Don't mean to hijack, but yesterday after putting some more files on, my DSTT suddenly decided it was unable to complete loading YSMenu. There was just the background without a menu. Replacing the system files didn't work. Taking everything off this card (8GB with about 5-6 GB full), reformatting it (FAT 32 same as before), and putting the same files back on worked.

iceshake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bri said:
I've also never seen this problem, but it looks like it has to do with the filenames as you suggested. It's curious that you have two TTMENU.SYS files on there. What happens when you rename the files back to their correct names in Windows (and delete one of the extra .SYS files)? Do they get reset back to the ones with the exclamation marks? You might try a different microSD card or a different microSD card reader (borrow one if you don't have one). Are you using the card reader that comes with the DSTT? People have had problems with those readers, so I wonder if maybe your reader is causing the problem.

-Bri

When I rename the files in windows explorer, the filenames get truncated to some gibberish text. It is as if the file names are corrupted by the DSTT. I can delete the files, but it will reappear as 0kb versions. then i would have to fromat the sd card all over again.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think it's the DSTT that is corrupting the files when you can't give them the proper names in Windows? The behavior you're describing sounds like a Windows/reader/card problem since you should be able to rename the files to anything you want.

Or are you saying that the names only get mangled after you've accessed them with the DSTT?

-Bri

iceshake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Bri said:
Why do you think it's the DSTT that is corrupting the files when you can't give them the proper names in Windows? The behavior you're describing sounds like a Windows/reader/card problem since you should be able to rename the files to anything you want.

Or are you saying that the names only get mangled after you've accessed them with the DSTT?

-Bri

Yes I mean that the file names are mangled AFTER being accessed by the DSTT. I would format the micro sd card, copy the firmware in, then insert the micro sd card into the DSTT and then the DS is switched on, and subsequently attempt to load moonshell or tower defense, but during loading, the ttmenu.sys error would appear.

and when i remove the micro sd card, and place into my card reader, the file names are mangled.

Apologies for not explaining it better. I've changed to other card readers and 2 different (Kingston and Sandisk) micro sd cards already. The micro sd cards work totally fine in my camera.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting, iceshake. I assume you meant that you exchanged your DSTT, and not that you exchanged your flash card?

The error you were seeing is definitely not something I've heard of before, but now if someone else experiences a similar problem they'll know it's a problem with the DSTT hardware.

-Bri

confused.com

Trophies
XP
Country
SHRIVES93 said:
i had this exact same problem and i've been looking everywhere on google for a solution. how do u get a replacement?
Yes so have I does any1 know what the sollution is and where i can get a replacement that works please please it's driving me mad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)