Hacking Trying to run SSBB on a Pal console w/ WiiFree and DVD5

SuicidalPigeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I followed these instructions and patched my iso with RegionFrii and with the GenericWiiPatcher to remove the Error 001 message and to change the video mode. When I tried to play it, it updated half way then stopped. I pulled the plug out then (probably not the best idea), restarted the wii and it was semi-bricked (black screen when trying to access Wii Settings, I could still run originals and backups though).

So then I burned another copy of SSBB but only with Region Frii, Brick Blocker and the Error 001 fix, and my console is fine :S I can access settings and the SSBB icon shows up on my disc channel. However when I go to play it, i just get a black screen and my controllers turn off.
Any ideas?

SuicidalPigeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hanman said:
you could always upgrade your chip to the latest YAOSM, but that's probably not what you want to hear.
I'm actually planning on doing that, but I don't have access to a programmer at the moment. How would it help anyway?

QUOTE(jaxxster @ Mar 12 2008, 01:35 PM) change the tv type from 60hz to 50hz?
I'll try, but I thought some crashing issues were resolved by changing the tv type to 60Hz and turning deflicker off? Anyway, I'll post again in a couple of mins.

Edit: Tried changing the TV mode but it didn't work. But I felt bored so i popped in the 1st disc again, and this time it actually updated. Now both discs work
biggrin.gif

Although the image seems to get cut off at the bottom, it's only noticeable in some menus. Is there a fix to this?
Anyway, thanks for the advise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.