trying to run Just Dance Unlimited (custom game - S5UE41) on Japanese WiiU on Vwii

Illuvatar__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a Wii U I bought for the sole purpose of my wife being able to play Just Dance games in our gym. All the others run fine using CFG but this one simply doesn't work. I'm not sure if I have outdated cIos'es or just using wrong settings for this game. Title ID is S5UE41. Every time I try I just get a black screen or it hangs immediately (depending on what settings I use).

I inserted a picture of the IOS' installed, so maybe someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong... any help is appreciated.
(for clarity, I'm a noob in the sense that I have no real idea how any of this works, but I've always been able to install whatever emulator / forwarder / custom theme / app / ... by following guides, but that was over a decade and haven't touched it since).
385531279_1626940901043134_4647554239616591353_n.jpg

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try running Modmii to fix your missing ios's. You'll find it in the Wii forum. Should fox your problem.

If that doesn't help then also be aware not all custom games work on consoles. It maybe runs on emulator fine but your best option is to try to find the person who made the custom iso and find out if it has been tested on console.

Illuvatar__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Try running Modmii to fix your missing ios's. You'll find it in the Wii forum. Should fox your problem.

If that doesn't help then also be aware not all custom games work on consoles. It maybe runs on emulator fine but your best option is to try to find the person who made the custom iso and find out if it has been tested on console.
I've been messing with things a little and so far what I did was the following:
First, I found in another thread where they were trying to run the exact same game, that these settings should work (not sure if that's on an original Wii though)
--> "Just Dance Unlimited Party ==> configurable loader v70 ==> cios 250 base 57

So I tried to get those same settings and checked which IOS I was currently running and noticed I had nothing installed in slot 250.

Next I looked for the latest CIOS on wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding and tried installing it exactly like mentioned in the guide. But, somehow in the app, it would run (internet is connected) but afterwards show up as "failed".

In another thread, someone suggested using Modmii, so I did that. Multiple things confused me about ModMii:
1. it is an .exe and not Vwii app ?
2. I tried doing a syscheck to see what IOS was missing and imported the syscheck to Modmii which said: "this syscheck is for a vWii" and it stopped
3. I Googled whether I was using a tool meant for the original Wii, not Vwii and read: "This program is NOT intended to be used for the vWii or the Wii mini".

So, I hit a dead-end and not sure how to continue / whether Modmii is safe or not on vwii.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh... I was sure Modmii covered vWii now so my apologies if that's wrong.

You are correct its a windows exe that compiles what you require for a simple install. Not sure what to suggest as i haven't messed with vWii since I originally modded it. Sorry!

Illuvatar__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright, seem to at least to have found part of the problem...
I figured I had to reinstall all of my cIOS since some were missing, outdated, etc.

So I downloaded latest version of d2x to install d2x-v11-beta1-vWii with 249 base 56, 250 base 57 and 251 base 58, or that was the goal.

I was able to install 56 and 58, but every time I try installing 57, I get: TMD version wrong 5919 ! = 6175.
No idea why but I can't get passed this. Tried older versions of d2x also, but doesn't work.

Ironically I had base 57 installed on 249, which is what most Just Dance games ran on, so not even sure they will run anymore after this...

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Alright, seem to at least to have found part of the problem...
I figured I had to reinstall all of my cIOS since some were missing, outdated, etc.

So I downloaded latest version of d2x to install d2x-v11-beta1-vWii with 249 base 56, 250 base 57 and 251 base 58, or that was the goal.

I was able to install 56 and 58, but every time I try installing 57, I get: TMD version wrong 5919 ! = 6175.
No idea why but I can't get passed this. Tried older versions of d2x also, but doesn't work.

Ironically I had base 57 installed on 249, which is what most Just Dance games ran on, so not even sure they will run anymore after this...
Good morning,

For your Just Dance games to work, you need a base 57 with CIOS 249 OR 250 (you can change the CIOS in your game settings).

your Just Dance unlimited game is not corrupted??

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol