trying to run FE4 (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu) on cyclods, get white

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by iwannaplayfe4, Jun 15, 2008.

1. iwannaplayfe4
    OP

iwannaplayfe4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2008
    United States
    what I have:

cycloDS
    'new' ez flash V 3in1
    SnemulDS 0.6

FE4 english-patched

I've heard someone has been able to play it on these boards they did not explain how however so I need some help. if you could send me your snemulds.cfg file that works w/ FE4 that'd be awesome too.

thanks

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Have you made sure the rom is good? Try playing on an emulator on the PC first. I also assume you're not using a pre-patched version, they tend to suck. I know for a fact that FE4, as crappy as it's gonna look, should work without any tweaking; last I tried I was using the last build of SnemulDS 0.5 and no RAM expansion; despite the graphics being slightly glitchy due to the rom size. I have heard of the latest version breaking compatibility with a few games, so if nothing else works you might want to try the last 0.5 release.

3. iwannaplayfe4
    OP

iwannaplayfe4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2008
    United States
    I patched the rom myself perhaps Idid it wrong? Anyway I'm using .6 so should I use .5b? (of SNEmulDS)

4. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Try the rom on a computer emulator like ZSNES. If it works and seems properly translated but still doesn't work on SnemulDS, you can try 0.5b, but I can't guarantee anything.