Cory321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using SX OS 2.8 BETA

I am trying to retrieve game saves from a 8.1.0 EmuNAND that won't boot anymore after accidentally modifying the USER partition with a homebrew app (added a file that doesn't belong there, didn't delete or modify anything else). The Nintendo and Switch logos show up, but quickly afterwards I get a crash error and I have to turn off the console.

So I figured I could use HacDiskMount by Rajkosto to read the EmuNAND on a Windows PC.

I joined the full.01.bin + full.02.bin + ... + full.07.bin into a single full.bin file. I can open the SYSTEM and SAFE successfully (with the respective BIS keys) except the USER partition. I get the FAILED message when I try to Test the BIS Key 3 pair with the USER partition. If I try to mount the USER partition anyway but it can't be read by the computer (unlike the SYSTEM and SAFE partitions, which can be mounted and read successfully using the respective BIS 1 and 2 Key pairs).

I'm using my console's dumped keys.

Is there any way I can repair or at least be able to mount my USER partition?

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using SX OS 2.8 BETA

I am trying to retrieve game saves from a 8.1.0 EmuNAND that won't boot anymore after accidentally modifying the USER partition with a homebrew app (added a file that doesn't belong there, didn't delete or modify anything else). The Nintendo and Switch logos show up, but quickly afterwards I get a crash error and I have to turn off the console.

So I figured I could use HacDiskMount by Rajkosto to read the EmuNAND on a Windows PC.

I joined the full.01.bin + full.02.bin + ... + full.07.bin into a single full.bin file. I can open the SYSTEM and SAFE successfully (with the respective BIS keys) except the USER partition. I get the FAILED message when I try to Test the BIS Key 3 pair with the USER partition. If I try to mount the USER partition anyway but it can't be read by the computer (unlike the SYSTEM and SAFE partitions, which can be mounted and read successfully using the respective BIS 1 and 2 Key pairs).

I'm using my console's dumped keys.

Is there any way I can repair or at least be able to mount my USER partition?

Any kind of help is appreciated.
Don't think emuNAND can be accessed from a computer.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is possible to mount and read an emunand from a computer (I did it to retrieve saves as I was in the same case after upgrading from 7.x to 8.1). However, if the user partition is corrupted, I don’t know How you can fix it.
You can try to copy paste you emutendo folder if you have a backup previous « brick » of the emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, the one i installed has the voices from the latam dub of the anime