Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done these things:
Fast Load- hang at saving
Patch load- hang at saving
Fast Load AND patch load using the sav fix that they offer on the Mother 3 site (I patched the ROM manually) - Freeze at the GAME BOY screen.
Touchpod Fast Load- hang at saving
Touchpod Patch Load- hang at saving
Touchpod Fast load (using sav fix) - Freeze at GAME BOY SCREEN
Touchpod Patch load (using sav fix) - Freeze at GAME BOY SCREEN

I've downloaded a dude's sav file and converted it to work with the english fan translated version, and I can SEE the load option (Patch load), but if I hit A on continue it hangs. Or if I new game with this sav file it hangs at saving.

HNNNNNNGGG

Can anyone help me out? I've run out of solid ideas, although my next bet is using gbata or whatever to modify the ROM to use a different kind of .sav file that the VBA emulator would use. Would that work? I only just read it and am tired of failed crap as you can see.

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok i had trouble with this game and heres what i done to get it working perfectly.

1st Download a brand new Mother 3 rom

2nd http://mother3.fobby.net/ Download the patch then unzip it then put all of the stuff that comes out into "mother3_macosx.app" folder which comes out of it too also place the mother 3 rom inside this folder.

3rd Download the save fix http://mother3-files.fobby.net.s3.amazonaw...e_fix_patch.zip and place it in the folder too.

4th Download GBATA http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=224

5th Open the mother 3 patcher click browse and find the mother 3 rom and patch it.

6th Open up GBATA and open the mother 3 rom in it and click the ISP Patcher tab and load of the save fix through it and patch it.

That should work perfectly but if it freezes at the gba loading screen then fix the header with GBATA which should get it past the gba loading screen.

Btw make sure to use fast load and not patch it with your m3 or it will screw the rom up.

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ.

I cannot get this bullshit to work for anything. I've tried EVERYTHING. It just won't get past the damn GBA Logo screen with the save patch.

Could someone please break this shit down step-by-step before I throw my DS out the window? Intimidator88, I followed your steps to the T and it still hangs every single time.

Much thanks would be in order.

merbiyatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude. it worked for me..this is my first time putting the mother 3 on my nds..i just follwed the steps that intimidator said.

if you follwed his steps one by one and it still hangs on the gba screen dont fret.

1. take out your microsd
2. plug it in your pc
3. open gbata input your mother 3 patched rom inside your micro sd
4. click on the header in fo tab and click on FIX.
5. Finish

DaRealChrono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
merbiyatch said:
dude. it worked for me..this is my first time putting the mother 3 on my nds..i just follwed the steps that intimidator said.

if you follwed his steps one by one and it still hangs on the gba screen dont fret.

1. take out your microsd
2. plug it in your pc
5. Finish

I'm well aware of that...why do you think I'm so aggravated? It does not work for me...Either I'm doing something wrong when I fix the header or I'm doing something right and the stupid thing just doesn't work for me.

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaRealChrono said:
merbiyatch said:

1. take out your microsd
2. plug it in your pc
5. Finish

I'm well aware of that...why do you think I'm so aggravated? It does not work for me...Either I'm doing something wrong when I fix the header or I'm doing something right and the stupid thing just doesn't work for me.

Check your pm
biggrin.gif

Luvs2Snuggle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've done everything right here but when I try to open it, my computer says it doesn't have a program to open it. Any ideas?

Nethalite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only problem I have is the saving the game. After I saved and rebooted my DS to run the game again. It doesn't show a option to load my save file. So I guess it didn't get saved. I even tried freeze state load and it doesn't work after reboot.

ScurvySee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried all your steps, however I don't see a "fix" button on the header viewer. The game keeps loading the "Gameboy" screen then freezing. Is there something else I should do with gbata?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo