Hacking Trying To Play GCN Saved Game Files On Wii

MagicalWingLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm a newbie trying to find a way to play game saved files for the Gamecube on the Nintendo Wii

The file that I want to play is Sonic DX sonic_adventure_dx_a.gci

I know there are ways to get this file saved onto my Gamecube Memory Card on the Wii... The problem is I just don't know how to do it...
My Wii isn't modded... And I read that if I use a Gamecube Action Replay, along with the Gecko SD Card Adapter, and with SD Loader I can be able to transfer the game save file to the gamecube memory card... Is this true? If so

1. Which version of Action Replay do I need? And that will work? Just letting you guys know my Nintendo Wii is version 3.1...

2. Where do I download the SDLoader? I've tried looking for it... And how to set it up

3. How to setup the MCBackup 0.1 -SD Version

I don't want to play Emulated games... I mainly need a way to transfer saved game files...

So if anyone can post a Guide on how to do this, and or post links to where I can download the SDLoader I would be most thankful
smile.gif

WilliamAlanBaile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, Dasda already made something that does this, so you need not buy the SD card adapter or anything. Wiibrew.org acts like it may be dangerous though... or at least used to have a stern warning. anyone tried it?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Gamecube_Saver

You'll need to perform the twilight hack (and install the homebrew channel) to do this, obviously

MagicalWingLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I now know how to install the twilight hack and the homebrew channel... So what's next? how do I transfer the gci file? Of course it's on my SD card but do I need a program or something?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will come in handy for me. What a great app. My memory card randomly gets corrupted and requires formatting frequently. This will help loads.

But before I install it, I'd like to hear some feedback.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok it took me some time get this program, this is a little tricky, so you need follow every step.

1. Download the Gamecube Saver from the url posted for Screemer http://rapidshare.com/files/160769023/sd2gc.rar
2. Download whatever .GCI file you want.
3. Make a folder in the root of your SD card called gc_saves.
4. Place the .GCI file inside of that folder.
5. Put the SD card back in the Wii and load the app.
6. Only ONE .GCI should be in your folder at a time.
7. Rename the file save with two random capital characters, example AA.GCI -All in capital-.
8. You need insert a EMPTY memory card in the slot A.
9. Run the app.
10. Press A in the gamecube controller to start reading/writing info onto the memory card SLOT A.
11. Sometimes the program just doesn't work at the first time, try again, you should get the ''file reading done'' or something like that at the end of the code dumping.
12. When the program finish power off the Wii, and check your memory card.
13. If the new save file doesn't show up, try again with another name example BB.CGI
14. For some strange reason the memory card seems register the code names that you choose, for example I use AA.CGI for Smash Bros. Melee save, and when I tried use the same AA.CGI for Animal Crossing the program doesn't writte nothing in my memory card, so use different characters for each save, every time.

I got every NES game for Animal Crossing, yep including the forbiden ones. It's an excellent app, but it's a little inconsistent at times.

MagicalWingLT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought that I only have to delet the old .gci file and replace it with the new game save .gci... The memory card has to be completely empty too?

Ok so I get all that...

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OriginalHamster said:
Ok it took me some time get this program, this is a little tricky, so you need follow every step.

1. This an old program which use .elf format, use the elf to dol converter to work in HBC 9. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ELF_to_DOL_Converter
the file i linked some posts above contains a already converted .dol version and the right directory structure.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Screemer said:
OriginalHamster said:

1. This an old program which use .elf format, use the elf to dol converter to work in HBC 9. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ELF_to_DOL_Converter
the file i link some posts above contains a already converted .dol version and the right directory structure.

duh, I miss the link, thanks

EDITED in my first post

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no, there is no way to save in gc mode except of gc-memcards. maybe in the future with a port of gcos and a hacked mios.

btw. does anybody have a nice icon for nugasa?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made one with a Nutella Glas but somehow it didn't show in the homebrew channel. I would try to get it working but my Photoshop somehow doesn't work...

btw. the problem with Nintendo-Memorycards is that they have to be unlocked first. If I remember it correctly fro the GC-days that wasn't that easy. Unofficial memory cards don't have to be unlocked, so they work flawless. Fortunately most of my saves are on a 64MB BigBen card...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-