Hacking Trying to play a GBA game on an R4 running YSauto.

Mikecardii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to play Golden Sun and save it says, "unable to detect backup memory". Is there a fix? Is this a known problem?

edit: slot 2 device is an ez flash 3-in-1. Anything else you need to know just post.

Mikecardii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Have you tried SRAM patching it?

The game? Yes, I have. I've also switched to the official R4 1.18 firmware and put GBAExpLoader on there and loaded both the vanilla rom and the sram patched rom in both exploader modes. I've also dldi patched the gba exploader, it creates the rom image folder and the rom saves folder. I'm pretty much stuck at this point. That error no longer displays, but when I get to select a save slot, no matter which slot I choose it says the game failed to save.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Mikecardii said:
triassic911 said:

The game? Yes, I have. I've also switched to the official R4 1.18 firmware and put GBAExpLoader on there and loaded both the vanilla rom and the sram patched rom in both exploader modes. I've also dldi patched the gba exploader, it creates the rom image folder and the rom saves folder. I'm pretty much stuck at this point. That error no longer displays, but when I get to select a save slot, no matter which slot I choose it says the game failed to save.
Those slots are for having more than 1 save, which is pointless unless you are sharing the game with a relative or so. Disable it in the .ini file.

Mikecardii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Mikecardii said:
triassic911 said:

Those slots are for having more than 1 save, which is pointless unless you are sharing the game with a relative or so. Disable it in the .ini file.
I'm not sure how to do this

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Open the .ini file for gbaexploader with notepad and remove the # in front of nomultisave as well as the !. Then click file then save.

Also...... if you install ysmenu, you won't need gbaexploader anymore as it supports the 3in1 natively.

Emeraldman94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue on ys menu. with ez flas 3 in one. I also have this saving issue with crash bandicoot's huge adventure, spyro season of flame and Golden Sun so far.... Please help me fix these issues, none of them save!!!!!!!

Mikecardii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find my microsd usb adopter atm so I can't try new games for now. I'll post once I get a new adopter. I wish I hadn't gotten one that is so damn small, I set it someplace and completely forget where I put it. It could also be all the illicit drugs I do.

Mikecardii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so I had some help from another site too, and came to the conclusion that the save battery had died. I've had the EZFlash for about a year and a half, so it makes sense that the battery died. I intend to use this guide to replace it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132872 thanks to everyone for the responses I received.

Also to finish up a few questions, no other games saved. Not Astro Boy, and not LoZ Minish Cap.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mikecardii said:
alright so I had some help from another site too, and came to the conclusion that the save battery had died. I've had the EZFlash for about a year and a half, so it makes sense that the battery died. I intend to use this guide to replace it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132872 thanks to everyone for the responses I received.

Also to finish up a few questions, no other games saved. Not Astro Boy, and not LoZ Minish Cap.

If no other games saved I was going to suggest it might be a dead battery, which is why I asked you to try it!
smile.gif

Mikecardii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Mikecardii said:

If no other games saved I was going to suggest it might be a dead battery, which is why I asked you to try it!
smile.gif

Haha thank you
yaynds.gif
well I got the situation all figured out I think. I intend to go to radio shack today to pick up that battery and hopefully have it all done today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...