Trying to find a good cheat database, no dice. Advice needed.

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Zalexard, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Zalexard
    OP

Zalexard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    Portugal
    So, I have a R4i Gold 3DS, and I've been wanting to use some cheats (a guy can only get so far on his 13498 pokemon game and not get the dex filled up), and so I looked around for it. All I could find were outdated lists (circa 2012 or something) and since this is a specific forum for R4 cards, I want to ask: is there a database that is still being maintained?

If not, is there one where I can begin on and slowly add to it as I play more games? What should I use to do such a thing?

Thanks. :)

2. Gyron

Gyron GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    I use the one Retro Gamer Fan uploads with his YSMenu DAT update. Works fine on the R4 in wood:

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=33405

Zalexard and raystriker like this.
  3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Zalexard likes this.
  4. Zalexard
    OP

Zalexard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    Portugal
    I'm sorry, can you please ellaborate on what that is? First time I'm hearing about it. :)

Does it use regular AR codes, or does it have a special format?

Thanks to the both of you. :)

5. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Looking through that first link, one of the folders contains the usrcheats.dat file that you're looking for. That's where the cheat files are stored, most all flashcarts should be able to read that these days. Where it goes on your microSD is going to be dependent on the cart though.

R4CCE, yes, it uses standard AR code format and compiles them into most common output formats (.dat, a raw .txt was another one, not sure what else there was). It also should be able to edit the usrcheats.dat from the aforementioned link.

Zalexard and raystriker like this.
  6. Zalexard
    OP

Zalexard Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2015
    Portugal
    Thanks, since I have a R4i Gold 3DS they're kind enough to have a folder saying Cheats, so, unless I'm being trolled, it must be the place haha. I took a look, damn, that's a huge list, seems to be mostly complete. Tried looking for a newer game (the last Phantasy Star 0) and there were codes even for that there already! I'm glad some people still are doing rounds and keeping stuff up to date. :D A big thank you to you Gyron and Sicklyboy, you were both a huge help. :)

Gyron and Sicklyboy like this.