Hacking Trying to find a good cheat database, no dice. Advice needed.

Zalexard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I have a R4i Gold 3DS, and I've been wanting to use some cheats (a guy can only get so far on his 13498 pokemon game and not get the dex filled up), and so I looked around for it. All I could find were outdated lists (circa 2012 or something) and since this is a specific forum for R4 cards, I want to ask: is there a database that is still being maintained?

If not, is there one where I can begin on and slowly add to it as I play more games? What should I use to do such a thing?

Thanks. :)

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have a R4i Gold 3DS, and I've been wanting to use some cheats (a guy can only get so far on his 13498 pokemon game and not get the dex filled up), and so I looked around for it. All I could find were outdated lists (circa 2012 or something) and since this is a specific forum for R4 cards, I want to ask: is there a database that is still being maintained?

If not, is there one where I can begin on and slowly add to it as I play more games? What should I use to do such a thing?

Thanks. :)

I use the one Retro Gamer Fan uploads with his YSMenu DAT update. Works fine on the R4 in wood:

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=33405

Zalexard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I use the one Retro Gamer Fan uploads with his YSMenu DAT update. Works fine on the R4 in wood:

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=33405

I'm sorry, can you please ellaborate on what that is? First time I'm hearing about it. :)

And if you wanted to make your own cheat DB, "R4CCE" was the tool to use back when the DS flashcart scene was hot stuff, as far as I know it still is. http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA013928/soft_en.html

Does it use regular AR codes, or does it have a special format?

Thanks to the both of you. :)

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, can you please ellaborate on what that is? First time I'm hearing about it. :)

Does it use regular AR codes, or does it have a special format?

Thanks to the both of you. :)

Looking through that first link, one of the folders contains the usrcheats.dat file that you're looking for. That's where the cheat files are stored, most all flashcarts should be able to read that these days. Where it goes on your microSD is going to be dependent on the cart though.

R4CCE, yes, it uses standard AR code format and compiles them into most common output formats (.dat, a raw .txt was another one, not sure what else there was). It also should be able to edit the usrcheats.dat from the aforementioned link.

Zalexard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Looking through that first link, one of the folders contains the usrcheats.dat file that you're looking for. That's where the cheat files are stored, most all flashcarts should be able to read that these days. Where it goes on your microSD is going to be dependent on the cart though.

R4CCE, yes, it uses standard AR code format and compiles them into most common output formats (.dat, a raw .txt was another one, not sure what else there was). It also should be able to edit the usrcheats.dat from the aforementioned link.

Thanks, since I have a R4i Gold 3DS they're kind enough to have a folder saying Cheats, so, unless I'm being trolled, it must be the place haha. I took a look, damn, that's a huge list, seems to be mostly complete. Tried looking for a newer game (the last Phantasy Star 0) and there were codes even for that there already! I'm glad some people still are doing rounds and keeping stuff up to date. :D A big thank you to you Gyron and Sicklyboy, you were both a huge help. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4