Homebrew Question Trying to figure a way to Parsec Super Mario Party with my friend

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, like many folks my friend and I bought Super Mario Party thinking we could play the Online Minigame mode with two players local, one player remote. For anyone who doesn't know, this is not the case - the online mode is limited one player per console. That is to say, for my wife, me, and my friend who lives in another state to play simultaneously, we'd need three consoles.

We really wanted to play the main mode anyways, the board game mode, which is local multiplayer only. I don't have a homebrew enabled Switch, but if there are any applications that'd allow me to use Parsec in a meaningful way (such as perhaps having the JoyCon connected to PC with xOutput, connecting the PC to Parsec and streaming the PC to Switch with NoMachine???) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-streaming-your-pc-games-to-switch-no-latency.502508/, I'd consider exploiting my console.

My friend has a Titan 1 capture card, and there are guides such as this one for getting Parsec working with Switch games, but the trouble is

1.) I'm pretty sure that with the Titan/Parsec setup, I can only stream ONE input device to him at a time, meaning that I don't think my wife could be our second player unless we could somehow count the button inputs of two controllers as one, then "split them up" into two on the end of the host.

2.) Some Mario Party games require gyro controls. If there were no way around this, that wouldn't be the end of the world - 3 of the 4 players would be human, and most of the main mode's minigames don't use gyro, so letting the one NPC win minigames occasionally would still be more fun than not playing the game at all. But if there were some way to stream our tilt input to him, obviously that'd be ideal.

3.) The only controller that Mario Party will accept is a Joycon - no pro controller. I believe the software the Titan 1 comes with translates the guest's input to an Xbox controller, then maps to a Switch pro controller, or something like that.

Obviously this is all a huge shot in the dark and is probably not possible. We'd probably be better off just Parsecing an older Mario Party game. And what's more is I'm sure y'all don't have much to work with seeing as how I don't even know much about the way any of this works (parsec, the titan etc), but just on the off chance anybody has any hot ideas, perhaps it'll justify me wasting space with a new thread? Anyway thanks much all, whether or not this post sparks any conversation I always appreciate the folks here on gbatemp.

Last edited by drakegraves,

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not the solution you are looking for, but should be doable once the emulator is in working enough condition. My buddy and i play mario party 10 via parsec atm.

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously not the solution you are looking for, but should be doable once the emulator is in working enough condition. My buddy and i play mario party 10 via parsec atm.

Yeah it might be the only way that I personally am gonna get it working. It's not a bad plan necessarily, although I imagine it's going to be a long time before Switch is understood well enough for an emulator to run at a reasonable framerate, I think. You never know, I guess.

I also had another idea - since Parsec/Titan are so persnickety about their use of controller input, why not avoid it altogether? I figure maybe I can spoof LAN play - that way all of the motion input is handled by the Switch, and it'll just send the relevant data over to my friend! Then I ran across this https://oatmealdome.me/blog/datamining-new-splatoon-2-maps-without-homebrew which says at some point that they got this working in Splatoon as part of their datamining of the game.

Although, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Switch has two types of local, LAN and Bluetooth. I don't think Mario Party uses LAN but I'm really not sure. Either way, this article on oatmealdome isn't exactly promoting some user friendly application with a slick UI we can all download to Parsec Mario Party with our friends. I'd have to reach out to these folks and hope they'll help me out of the goodness of their hearts.

EDIT: I forgot to ask you - In Mario Party 10, is there a lot of motion or touch based minigames that you have to figure out streaming to your friend, or are they pretty standard button inputs for the mostpart? Thanks for the reply!

Last edited by drakegraves,

drakegraves

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The more I look into this, the more curious I am exactly how you guys are getting motion/pointer controls working through Parsec. Him and I have been trying out CEMU/Parsec and Parsec thinks every controller is an xbox controller. Think you could help us out? Thanks!

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well actually it should be possible to play multiplayer via a vpn (Virtual Private Network), since mario party allows two switches to connect with each other over the network. I think i saw some Guides on how to do that for other games already, but not 100% sure.

Pretty much all modes (with up to 4 players in total) should be playable that way, except regular online.

Last edited by BlackTSQ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: