Homebrew Trying to emulate GC games on my Wii...

bmaster154

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently started downloading GC roms and homebrew and whatnot, *following multiple steps I've found on the Internet*. I got to finally format my SD card, and I downloaded a bunch of different files which I put on my card. All this seemed fine, but when I inserted the SD card into my Wii, it said the SD card "wouldn't work" or something along those lines. *I tried finding a step by step guide with terms or methods I could understand, but with no luck. I tried and tried over again, but it just won't work. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

*That, in other words, means using Google.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
facepalm.jpg

Wii HAS BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY WITH GAMECUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And is ISO, not Read Only Memory ¬¬.

So, you didn´t know how to burn a f****** game?!?!?

bmaster154

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Juanmatron said:
facepalm.jpg

Wii HAS BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY WITH GAMECUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And is ISO, not Read Only Memory ¬¬.

So, you didn´t know how to burn a f****** game?!?!?
Ummm, what can I say? Sorry for not being an ultimate nerd? And I know the Wii does, but like I said, ROMs or ISO's or whatever, as long as you get my point... And no, I don't know how to burn a game. I'm not used to those kinds of things.

Gotta start somewhere, geez.

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii cannot emulate Gamecube games, so you should stop trying. Hell, you can't even run them off a hard drive, so don't try that either. You would have to burn them onto a DVD. A quick Google search should help. Also, I can understand Juanmatron's frustration: Call them ISOs, not ROMS. Kthx.

bmaster154

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Javier78 said:
The Wii cannot emulate Gamecube games, so you should stop trying. Hell, you can't even run them off a hard drive, so don't try that either. You would have to burn them onto a DVD. A quick Google search should help. Also, I can understand Juanmatron's frustration: Call them ISOs, not ROMS. Kthx.
1. Lots of people told me the opposite.
2. All right, I won't try that.
3. I'll look into that...
4. Like I said, I searched a lot. Google included.
5. If you really care that much, I'll call them ISO, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter that much. As long as the point gets across, big deal.

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bmaster154 said:

Really? I haven't really checked the Wii scene lately, but I'm pretty sure the Wii cannot emulate Gamecube games.

QUOTE5. If you really care that much, I'll call them ISO, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter that much. As long as the point gets across, big deal.

It matters. It's like calling every MP3 player an iPod, when it isn't. It's a pet peeve of mine.
wink.gif

bmaster154

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Javier78 said:
bmaster154 said:

Really? I haven't really checked the Wii scene lately, but I'm pretty sure the Wii cannot emulate Gamecube games.

QUOTE5. If you really care that much, I'll call them ISO, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter that much. As long as the point gets across, big deal.

It matters. It's like calling every MP3 player an iPod, when it isn't. It's a pet peeve of mine.
wink.gif
Alright, since you care, I'll think about it twice next time. And it's a little funny that you used ipods and mp3's as an example for that, because I usually do the same with those. My first thought is that they both play music
mellow.gif

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, since you said you had no idea how to burn ISOs to a DVD, here's an excellent program: http://www.imgburn.com/
I'm not too sure about what write speed you should set it as, but try a small number (2x-4x should be fine). On the Wii side, find a guide.

ThermalTake Key3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While there is no GC emulator for the Wii there is on the PS3. You'll have to use that by running the PS3 emulator on the Atari 2600 emulator on your Wii and then you can run your GC games.

bmaster154

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chop said:
Have you modded your Wii?

if not go here

Then get Neogamma

If helping noobs is such a pain why even bother to reply.
Thanks, but I wasn't expecting to mod my Wii and all... Is it necessary? I was following a guide to burn games, but afterwards, it wouldn't work. I deduced it might have something to do with that thing the writer called "Sony AccuCORE DVD+R", which I don't know about. Seriously, this burning business is more complicated than I expected.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I thought that there was a GC homebrew launcher ? And you can still use the GC Backup Launcher to play games, but you'll need to burn the .iso on CD-R. You can use Imgburn for that. And yes, you'll need to softnod your Wii. Don't worry, it's not that difficult with the Bannerbomb hack. There is a very good tutorial in this forum if you want to do it : http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah you must mod your wii to play GC backups, so do the guide
burn your iso's on a dvd-r, must be -r

if you have no burning software get some it's free cdburnerxp

D

Deleted User

Or you could use IMGBURN which is really good and small, also there is a portable version found on softpedia.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bmaster154 said:
chop said:

if not go here

Then get Neogamma

Thanks, but I wasn't expecting to mod my Wii and all... Is it necessary? I was following a guide to burn games, but afterwards, it wouldn't work. I deduced it might have something to do with that thing the writer called "Sony AccuCORE DVD+R", which I don't know about. Seriously, this burning business is more complicated than I expected.

I thought people were being harsh until this post ^.
Your Wii wasn't even modded....
I just broke my desk (and my face) from FaceDesking so hard.

Inferior_Design

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
bmaster154 said:
chop said:

if not go here

Then get Neogamma

Maybe he thinks his Dreamcast is a Wii?

bmaster154

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Malice said:
bmaster154 said:
chop said:

if not go here

Then get Neogamma

Well, you seem to be just as harsh as those who are. Like I said earlier, I'm sorry for not being a masterful god nerd (like some seem to be). I'm not an expert or even a beginner in back ups and all that shit. I'm a newbie in case it wasn't F***IN obvious. Oh, and I'm sorry for your desk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii