Trying to emulate GC games on my Wii...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bmaster154, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Salax

Salax GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2010
    United States
    Keep in mind, this isn't a flame post; I get flamed here a lot for being a noob as well.

Basically, if game companies made piracy as easy as burning a disk, they would be complete morons and nobody would publish games on them. Look at the Dreamcast--it wasn't a bad system, but it was too easy to pirate on, and it failed.

Tl;dr: Really, you shouldn't assume that it's going to be that easy. However, as you said, you don't know much, so I don't blame you for not knowing.

And to everybody else: He said something stupid because he didn't know about how stuff worked. He realizes that, and you don't need to continue flaming.

2. Thoob

Thoob LOLmonade.

May 28, 2009
    Scotland
    There should be a new step to creating an account on this site. You should have to type out "GC ISOs cannot be played from the Wii's USB or SD card slots", and "GBA ROMs cannot be played from an R4 without a slot-2 expansion".

3. bmaster154
    OP

bmaster154 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    Canada
    It wasn't? It's hard to know what is and what isn't then. Anyways, I got the message, so now I won't need more help on the matter. Oh and Thoob, that's a good idea, you should suggest it.

4. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    There be something wrong with your Wii, mine emulates GC games just fine, it even come with sockets for Gamecube controllers!!!

5. bmaster154
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    Canada
    Nope, there's nothing bad with it. It has those sockets, and it plays gamecube games just fine.

6. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    nvm, that was a joke XD

7. bmaster154
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    Canada
    I kinda guessed that, but I wasn't sure between "joke", "sarcasm" and "insult", so I just replied normally [​IMG]

8. mousex

mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    United States

9. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    ISO is a ROM,ROM isn't always an ISO

at least,that's how it is,IIRC.So OP did nothing wrong.

10. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    Hum, no

ISO = CD image, named like this because .iso is (was ?) a common file format when ripping CD
    ROM = Cartridge image, named like this because cartridges usually store the game program/data on PROM chips (Programmable & Read-Only memory)

Calling ISOs "ROMs" just because they came from CD-ROM only lead to confusion.

11. George Dawes

George Dawes Wanker

Nov 11, 2009
    Chad
    your wife's corpus uteri
    Can we call them all WORMs, because they are Write Once, Read Many.

Not a term you see often these days, I think we should make a concerted effort t brin it back into current usage.

/me goes to download some WORMs. =]

12. Am0s

Am0s Mojo Risin

Jul 9, 2009
    England
    all you had to do was to do some research, need I say anymore

/lock

13. bmaster154
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2009
    Canada
    Nope, I understand (even though all my research led to absolutely nothing, so my last resort was to ask somewhere with experts in the matter). Also, I like your name.

... And how do you close a topic?

14. TroyTheZombie

TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 3, 2009
    Canada
    Calgary, Canada
    You want to load gc games off a hard drive? look into a "WODE" (Google it)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted