Hacking Trying to downgrade from 10.1 to 9.2

Bereavement

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the file extension of installable 3DS games. You can play GBA by injecting games into the GBA VC titles. It runs fine, my friend did it on his 2DS. Just be sure to install it to both Sysnand and Emunand. You'll need to be on 9.2 to do this.
So, I should purchase sky3ds, use ninjhax to get hombrew,downgrade to 9.2, and then inject the games into the GBA VC titles? Is there a tutorial on how to do the injecting part?

Last edited by Bereavement,

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
So my old 3ds is on version 10.1 and the reason I'm attempting to downgrade is because I want to be able to use DSTWO plus to its full potential. (Meaning I can play 3ds/ds/gba/snes all from one card)

I currently do not own a DSTWO card and only intend to purchase one if I can in fact downgrade to 9.2.

However, I've been researching all day how to access the Homebrew Launcher in order to run SysUpdater and I cannot for the life of me get an entry point exploit to work. I'm trying use menuhax.

If someone could please help me it would be much appreciated.

Also, are there other cards that support 3ds/ds/gba?
Because if I could just skip all this downgrading nonsense and purchase a card that works for all of that on 10.1 I'd rather do that.

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
just a couple of things:
if you really wanna use a flashcart, you should use a GW (for 3ds) + normal DSTWO (for DS, GBA, SNES...)
if you do not care about flashcarts, use a CFW (for 3ds, dsiware, gba) and a R4 for DS games
or else:
BRICK

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, I should purchase sky3ds, use ninjhax to get hombrew,downgrade to 9.2, and then inject the games into the GBA VC titles? Is there a tutorial on how to do the injecting part?
NO:
if you really wanna use a flashcart, you should use a GW (for 3ds) + normal DSTWO (for DS, GBA, SNES...)
if you do not care about flashcarts, use a CFW (for 3ds, dsiware, gba) and a R4 for DS games

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I am on 10.3 or lower I don't have to worry about being banned from Nintendo? And won't need a private header? (Whatever that is.)
If you downgrade to 9.2 and install a CFW and install your games as cias, you won't need to worry about headers since only physical copies have them. I personally chose to buy a SKY3DS + even though I have a N3DS with CFW because I wanted to be able to use 2 SD cards.

Bereavement

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a couple of things:
or else:
BRICK

NO:
So sky3ds is just a bad idea?
And you're saying I should go with gateway?

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Drive Emulator = BAD IDEA

I should go with gateway?
DRM Dongle = Not so genious too, but better option

CFW = Genious Option / Einstein

If you wanna play 3ds games, use a cfw, wanna run dsiware, use a cfw, wanna play gba games, use a cfw, wanna play ds games, well, use a R4.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That would be expensive. Not sure about the injection part since I haven't done it myself.
And you're saying I should go with gateway?
I wouldn't say Sky3DS is a bad idea if you buy the Sky3ds + with orange buttons. Gateway is significantly cheaper though. CFW is free and playing online with cias is super easy. You can always update Emunand to 10.5. My N3DS has 10.5 Emunand and I use a Sky3DS + with it and I've had no trouble.

Bereavement

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you wanna play 3ds games, use a cfw, wanna run dsiware, use a cfw, wanna play gba games, use a cfw, wanna play ds games, well, use a R4.

Okay, then I just need to find a way to downgrade to 9.2
Is there a way to downgrade from 10.1 to 9.2 without purchasing a card?

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

He will need Cubic Ninja or a Sky3ds to set up homebrew ;)

You will need to get Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of time with powersaves or Sky3ds with a rom of any of these two.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not unless there's an eshop spoof for 10.1 and old version downloader can still get Ironfall invasion 1.0/1.1 and you can use Broeserhax or an entrypoint that doesn't require to be installed through Ninjhax.
EDIT: The OoT w/ Powersaves thing might work. I just never was able to do it because the save always read as corrupted

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not unless there's an eshop spoof for 10.1 and old version downloader can still get Ironfall invasion 1.0/1.1 and you can use Broeserhax or an entrypoint that doesn't require to be installed through Ninjhax.
Not on 10.1 O3DS with update nags and the NVER and CVER were updated so spoofs won't work.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also do not buy the expensive orange buton just for the sake of Cubic Ninja buy the blue button.

If you want one then go for it. I'd recommend getting a used copy of OoT 3D instead or using Browserhax if that works on 10.1.
Browserhax won't work.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

Bereavement

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want one then go for it. I'd recommend getting a used copy of OoT 3D instead or using Browserhax if that works on 10.1.
Browserhax doesn't work for 10.1
My friend might have a copy of OoT actually.

Also do not buy the expensive orange buton just for the sake of Cubic Ninja buy the blue button.

Browserhax won't work.

I figured as much, there is one on craigslist near me for 60$ blue button.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Browserhax won't work.
Definitely do this. Get a red button if you can since those are the oldest. Only buy the orange button if you will be using it for more than just Ninjhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny