Trying to backup my games but SmallFTPd is really slow

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bobbyloujo, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Bobbyloujo
    OP

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    United States
    I'm using the Wifi NDS Backup Tool and SmallFTPd but it's really slow. SmallFTPd is telling me that I'm only getting between 1 and 2 kB/s. At this rate, it would take about 12 hours to backup a 64MB game. I looked back at the tutorial I was following it said the average speed was 1MB/s. That should be about 17kB/s but I'm only getting ~1.5kB/s. Is there something that I can do to speed this up? I already checked my firewall and SmallFTPd is allowed through.

This is the tut I was using if it makes any difference: http://lifehacker.com/5588151/hack-your-nintendo-ds-for-easy-backups-and-single+cartridge+playback

Thanks in advance.

2. Aijelsop

Aijelsop Question Asker

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    How are you even getting NDS Backup Tool to work? I couldn't, and people told me to use Wooddumper, and that doesn't work either, I get errors when pressing (A) after it tells me to switch carts, on a DS Phat.

3. Bobbyloujo
    OP

Bobbyloujo I am a millipede, I am amazing.

Jul 24, 2010
    United States
    United States
    From I understand, it only works on DS Lites.

Also, I figured it out. For anyone who is curious, you have to go to "Turn Windows Feature on and off" and then turn on FTP sharing.