Hacking Trucha Bug Restorer won't go away

Charybdizs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I installed the Trucha Bug restorer because I needed to use it, and when I was done, I deleted it from the homebrew menu. However, it is still there, and whenever I start my Wii and the Bootmii Priiloader menu should come, the Trucha Bug restorer comes up instead. Now I'm afraid to do anything to my Wii in case I brick it and can't manage to get to the bootmii menu to restore it. Any help on how to get it off of there and get the Priiloader coming again?

Charybdizs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Ok. I dunno, I may have done that when I used it, I don't know, it was a while ago, and it turned out I hadn't needed to use it after all I think, but that's not my point. My point is that after I used it and deleted it off the menu, it still pops up instead of Bootmii.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you delete it from the "apps" folder on your SD card? Did you by any chance set it to autoboot via Priiloader (for some stupid reason)? Try holding Reset button while powering on to access Priiloader menu, and change the autoboot to System Menu or whatever.

Charybdizs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, it's definitely deleted from the apps folder, and I don't believe I set it to autoboot like that. When I got the TBR, the tutorial said that when it was on the SD Card, you could access it by waiting a few seconds on the Bootmii screen for it to come up. That worked, (Well, it didn't even take a few seconds), but even after I deleted it from the Apps Folder, it still comes up whenever Bootmii should load, whether it's when I start the Wii and Boot2 should come up, or when I load it from the HBC. I tried what you said about holding the reset button, but that didn't do anything at all.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like cboot2...

Try starting your wii with the SD card removed.

If it boots normally, delete the "bootmii" folder on the SD card. Then, run Hackmii Installer again and choose "Prepare SD Card" in the bootmii menu to create a fresh set of bootmii files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay