Troubles with WADs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dertunfisch, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Dertunfisch
    OP

Dertunfisch Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2003
    Sweden
    Hello everyone!
    Yesterday, i decided to softmod my Nintendo Wii. I followed this guilde: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 (for version 4.2), and everything was working fine. I managed to do all steps without any troubles at all. The problem i have right now is that i can't install any WADs, they seem to crash at the same place every time (installing content #09 and then nothing happens). Does anyone here know what might be wrong? I'd be glad for any help [​IMG]

2. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    What exactly do you mean by "crash"? Do you mean that it runs right through installing other content and when it gets to 9 it sits there? if that's the case then let it sit there longer. Depending on the size of the WAD some content is bigger than the rest and takes a while to install.

If you leave your wii sitting there for over 5 minutes (i mean 5 real minutes, not 30 seconds and then claim it was 5 minutes) and it doesn't finish installing, then you probably have a bad wad.

3. Dertunfisch
    OP

Dertunfisch Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2003
    Sweden
    Yeah, it just stops at installing content #9. Waited for ~5 minutes or so without anything happening. Well, might be a bad WAD, so i'm going to try something else [​IMG]

4. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Uninstall that same wad with wad manager and then try installing it again. If it got to content 9 and then froze, it did succeed in installing some data. You'll want to remove that before trying again.

Otherwise, get a different wad.

5. Dertunfisch
    OP

Dertunfisch Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2003
    Sweden
    Tried another WAD, and it worked perfectly! Must've been a broken WADfile or something. Thanks alot for the help mate [​IMG]