Hacking Trouble with neek2o :( [uneek+DI]

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,917
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
So I'm enjoying all a modded wii has to offer. I have a couple WiiWare that I would like to run via my USB drive.

I've managed to go through Modmii to generate a NAND, access it via a forwarder, and I would like the NAND to appear in Wiiflow. I've got that all working, however my biggest issue is that 3/5 times, when I launch the title from Wiiflow, it hangs at a black screen, or if it does come up, I get the "Could not acess Wii System memory, refere to the operation manual for details"

Is this a HDD specific issue? It seems totally random as to when it will boot just fine, and others it just hangs indefinitely. One other error message I saw on one game was "System doesn't have enough free memory."

Just to recap what I've tried.

1. Built NAND with modmii 4.3U no addons except return2realnand
2. Install Neek2o forwarder channel
3. boot to USB NAND
4. Return to real NAND.
5. Configure wiiflow to see USB NAND, and set game to launch with neek2o
6. Launch game. 3/5 times it will crash/hang, other times it will load normally.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the drive is a WD Passport Ultra 1TB (usb3), I have this odd feeling it might be the problem. Runs my GC/Wii backups fine, just neek2o seems to hate it.

EDIT2: Derp, forgot, using neek2o r96

D

Deleted User

OP
I'll give that a try. Tried before with no luck

I managed to find a USB y cable from an external enclosure and have been using that for now. So far everything has been working smoothly with no failures. However the wii ware ff4 after years seems to be my only downloaded game from wii shop that I can't run off emunand. It boots fine but then displays the "not enough room in memory to continue".

I'll try the cert.sys and see if it works. If launched without neek, it won't load.

Thanks!

D

Deleted User

OP
Tried copying the cert.sys to emunand but no dice. (for some reason wiiexplorer wouldnt copy without generating a 0KB file, so had to zip and extract) Game still throws the "not enough available memory)

D

Deleted User

OP
Anyways, after a few hours managed to get this working.

What I was able to do was instead of using a modmii nand, extracted my own. I was able to launch the game without neek and create a save. I then copied this save to the modmii nand and at that point was able to run the game using neek2o and not get the memory error.

The random starting or stopping seems to have been solved by using a USB y-cable. Go figure the one thing I didn't try.

Hope it helps anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thank goodness for VPN nowadays
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thank goodness for VPN nowadays