Hacking Trouble with EZ 3-in-1

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I`ve gotten a new EZ 3-in-1
I am using Acekard 2.1 with AKAIO with the most updated firmware and database including save.bin and cheats.xml and the loader...
lately Ive gotten EZ 3-in-1... when I am trying to load a GBA ROM... the first time it loaded the GBA (did the gameboy credit start) and then it turned white screen and made noises which does not belong to the game that sign the game is wrong... after a while playing with SRAM and NOR loading, I sucessfully loaded Pokemon Fire red but it`s unable to save my game, can you please help me?

P.S : The Akaio firmware seems to use rumble and is able to use the Nintendo DS browser so I guess the AKAIO firmware does load the game, I used GBA Explouder however the problem still remains (but other game`s are able to run rather on NOR then SRAM depending on their size, I guess NOR RAM is larger then SRAM RAM)

P.S.2: I had recently patched the GBA games with special PSRAM patcher app... still the same results

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
sram is for saves.
nor is for games 16+ mb in size
psram is for games < 16mb in size.

nor games will stay after power off, psram will not.

now that we have that cleared up, do you have a 3in1+? what does gba exploader say when you load it up? the plus has issues with akaio and gba exploader. i've been told that games you flash to nor must be booted using the ds firmware slot2 option. if you check the akaio wiki there are a few tools to test the ram and erase the nor. depending on if you have corrupton these could help. as for saves, does any rom save? have you fully debugged it by trying 10 or so games in both psram and nor using both akaio and gba exploader? keeping in mind that akaio adds header data to the save file so saves will not function on gba exploader without a bit of hexing.

-another world

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Another World said:
sram is for saves.
nor is for games 16+ mb in size
psram is for games < 16mb in size.

nor games will stay after power off, psram will not.

now that we have that cleared up, do you have a 3in1+? what does gba exploader say when you load it up? the plus has issues with akaio and gba exploader. i've been told that games you flash to nor must be booted using the ds firmware slot2 option. if you check the akaio wiki there are a few tools to test the ram and erase the nor. depending on if you have corrupton these could help. as for saves, does any rom save? have you fully debugged it by trying 10 or so games in both psram and nor using both akaio and gba exploader? keeping in mind that akaio adds header data to the save file so saves will not function on gba exploader without a bit of hexing.

-another world
I seem to have 3in1+... according to the sticky article...
I understand your meaning with hexing, there is some GBAtools that I used to PSRAM patch the game... I run the game in the RAM exp. pack that belongs to ROM below 16 MB ram.. however my ROM is 16 mbram exactly... so I will run it on NOR and test it out...
I understood your point with AKAIO and GBA EXPloader... so I will delete GBA EXPloader..

AKAIO seem to be ableto load NOR by its own...
AKAIO also asks me if I want to load x,gba save game however ingame the game says that the save game has been deleted..
AKAIO seems to also SRAM save as well
funactionally the save game doesn`t load
I have tried 4~ rom`s.. the similar results kinda makes me trust it will be wided to every ROM...
Can you keep talking about that "hexing"? I don`t mind using just gba exploader or akaio. actually I will be greatfull

P.S : save files appears to be on the same folder that the GBA ROM is on while using AKAIO however gba exploder uses a new folder it creates by it`s own

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the problem is probably with the roms you are trying. i really can't debug this for you, the 3in1 is a tricky bitch to mount correctly. if akaio is set to prompt save/load then in theory you play a game, the game saves to sram, you reboot the nds and run akaio, and akaio asks you if you want to dump the sram stored in the 3in1 battery. it works exactly that way for me and i have no problems with save files. are you sure your 3in1 battery is good? it should read 3volts on a volt meter. radio shack should have one you can use to "test" with "before you buy" if you get my drift.

akaio adds 16 bytes to the header of the gba save. you need to remove the first 16 bytes using a hex editor if you want your saves to run in gba exploader.

give this a try: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5704

the game plays, saves, loads fine for me. give it a go.

-another world

Chaosruler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Another World said:
the problem is probably with the roms you are trying. i really can't debug this for you, the 3in1 is a tricky bitch to mount correctly. if akaio is set to prompt save/load then in theory you play a game, the game saves to sram, you reboot the nds and run akaio, and akaio asks you if you want to dump the sram stored in the 3in1 battery. it works exactly that way for me and i have no problems with save files. are you sure your 3in1 battery is good? it should read 3volts on a volt meter. radio shack should have one you can use to "test" with "before you buy" if you get my drift.

akaio adds 16 bytes to the header of the gba save. you need to remove the first 16 bytes using a hex editor if you want your saves to run in gba exploader.

give this a try: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5704

the game plays, saves, loads fine for me. give it a go.

-another world
First of all, yeah my main suspects are the battery, the NOR ram and the second ram made for

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the shop you called, did they test the actual kit you are holding in your hand? if they did can they prove that? many of the ez 3in1 kits ship with dead batteries, this is a common problem. don't take their crap, make them replace the faulty kit.

1) sram deals with all save files. the battery keeps power to sram so that it can keep the save when the kit is powered off. if your saves are not there when you power back up the battery is dead. akaio stores the path of the last game loaded in the globalsettings.ini. this is why akaio knows to prompt you to back up the save. prompting to back up the save has nothing to do with if an actual save is there or not. akaio will attempt to back up a save, which should be there as akaio assumes the kit is fully working. does that make sense?

2) perhaps this will help you: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83538. i am not a hardware expert at all, but i do not think it is possible to drop a lithium-ion battery into the 3in1. although if you modded the kit to hold the battery and had an external way to charge it, i think this could be possible. you would have to probably check and make sure the output of the battery would not damage the 3in1. this is an interesting idea and if you do it please write up a guide and post it here at gbatemp.

3) the game may require a header fix. download GBATA and open the rom in the app. if it has a bad header it will say so and unghost a button to fix it.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1