Hacking Trouble installing wad files with WAD Manager 1.7

BobbyxGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I attempt to install nintendo 64 wad files with WAD Manager 1.7 I get an error message that says ret = -1010

I have a Version 4.2U Wii and when I install any other kind of wad file like NES or Genesis, it works fine.

What could possibly be wrong, and how can i fix this? Please help

EDIT: I fixed the problem. It was because my Wii ran out of memory when I was installing the wads (there's a pretty high number that I'm adding)
So, I moved the channels to my sd card to free up space, and now it works perfectly
smile.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Probably a corrupted WAD or something, maybe you should try something else.

Does it install fine despite the error? I recall getting an error when I installed an N64 WAD once, but it managed to install onto the System Menu and such, and I haven't had issues playing.

BobbyxGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help, guys!

I figured out the problem. I guess the Wii ran out of memory when I was adding wads.

Funny thing is, when I was moving wads to my sd card (in order to free up space), the amount of blocks available stayed at 0 for quite awhile, and eventually went up again, meaning that there's more space available on the wii's internal drive than nintendo allows you to use.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobbyxGames said:
Funny thing is, when I was moving wads to my sd card (in order to free up space), the amount of blocks available stayed at 0 for quite awhile, and eventually went up again, meaning that there's more space available on the wii's internal drive than nintendo allows you to use.
Wow, that's pretty interesting. I wonder why nintendo doesnt allow us to use all of that extra space?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F