Trouble installing wad files with WAD Manager 1.7

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by BobbyxGames, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BobbyxGames
    OP

Newcomer BobbyxGames Newbie

United States
    When I attempt to install nintendo 64 wad files with WAD Manager 1.7 I get an error message that says ret = -1010

I have a Version 4.2U Wii and when I install any other kind of wad file like NES or Genesis, it works fine.

What could possibly be wrong, and how can i fix this? Please help

EDIT: I fixed the problem. It was because my Wii ran out of memory when I was installing the wads (there's a pretty high number that I'm adding)
    So, I moved the channels to my sd card to free up space, and now it works perfectly [​IMG]

2. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Probably a corrupted WAD or something, maybe you should try something else.

Does it install fine despite the error? I recall getting an error when I installed an N64 WAD once, but it managed to install onto the System Menu and such, and I haven't had issues playing.

3. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Try another WAD. But even when you get a corrupted WAD message, don't persist with it. You might get a banner brick.

4. BobbyxGames
    OP

Newcomer BobbyxGames Newbie

United States
    Thanks for your help, guys!

I figured out the problem. I guess the Wii ran out of memory when I was adding wads.

Funny thing is, when I was moving wads to my sd card (in order to free up space), the amount of blocks available stayed at 0 for quite awhile, and eventually went up again, meaning that there's more space available on the wii's internal drive than nintendo allows you to use.

5. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow, that's pretty interesting. I wonder why nintendo doesnt allow us to use all of that extra space?