Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, after I updating my Switchs EmuMMC to 16.1.0 with this tutorial
my Switch stuck in the Bootlogo.
Luckely I can boot my SysNand.
May its because I repeared it with a DonorNand a year before.
Is there any solution to fix this issue?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to try to think. Read this stuff. It has a method for higher firmwares. You need to listen to the answers and do as you're told. I bet that's how you bricked. It's incredibly hard to do with a basic understanding.

Can you boot in to SysNAND?

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to try to think. Read this stuff. It has a method for higher firmwares. You need to listen to the answers and do as you're told. I bet that's how you bricked. It's incredibly hard to do with a basic understanding.

Can you boot in to SysNAND?
I can boot into Stock, is this the same as SysNand?

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes. So you can make a new EmuNAND if push comes to shove. Do you have backups of the EmuNAND?
I dont have a backup, but the savegames are not important to me, but I will do it if this thing with the update doesnt work.
Stupid question, but do you knew if it is possible to play TOTK on a 13.0.0 Switch with any trick, the game normaly requires 15.0.0?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have a backup, but the savegames are not important to me, but I will do it if this thing with the update doesnt work.
Stupid question, but do you knew if it is possible to play TOTK on a 13.0.0 Switch with any trick, the game normaly requires 15.0.0?
Just update. Dont use a stupid pack.

Make a new EmuNAND. I'll link a proper guide if you wait. No HATS or DEEP SEA.

Download atmosphere,hekate, update files from dathsternie and sig patch fresh and up to date.

Make a new EmuNAND in Hekate.

Boot in to the EmuNAND.

Update using daybreak

It should work fine. No donor nand. No bs

Are you on ExFat?

Last edited by mikefor20,

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just update. Dont use stupid pack.

Make a new EmuNAND. I'll link a proper guide if you wait. No HATS or DEEP SEA.

Download atmosphere,hekate, update files from dathsternie and sig patch fresh and up to date.

Make a new EmuNAND in Hekate.

Boot in to the EmuNAND.

Update using daybreak

It should work fine. No donor nand. No bs
If it would be easy to update :rofl:
Can I follow this Guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/init-emmc-failed-no-nand-backups.607779/page-2#post-9875271

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want. Its the stupid lazy way again. You did god knows what to your EmuNAND. Just start clean. You can take a risk and keep having problems or just do it right. Don't come crying. I bet you took the easy way before!

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc/

You can backup your emunand first with NXnandManager or EmuTool if you want. But that would be smart and not lazy.

Make sure you're on FAT32. VERY IMPORTANT!

Reactions: switchModBrick

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want. Its the stupid lazy way again. You did god knows what to your EmuNAND. Just start clean. You can take a risk and keep having problems or just do it right. Don't come crying. I bet you took the easy way before!

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc/

You can backup your emunand first with NXnandManager or EmuTool if you want. But that would be smart and not lazy.

Make sure you're on FAT32. VERY IMPORTANT!
I not understand, if I will Update the new created emuMMC, I will again be not able to update.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean bricking is tough to do.. you would have to..

Have a bad or failing SD

Be using ExFAT and the inevitable corruption happened.

Using outdated crappy apps or update files.

Install a bad NSP

Have a plugin not compatible

Or do something stupid because you don't know how to follow instructions.

IF this started after you updated AND you deleted the plugins (SD/atmosphere/contents) then its most likely bad update files or apps.

You take shortcuts and you have no idea what you're doing. I did tech support for years. This is the typical scenario. We can try to undo what you did and hope it's not a future issue or do it right. I'm not going to reccomend you taking shortcuts nor will I help you if you go that route. I will help you start over with a clean slate because , at that point, I can rely on my knowledge and not your story. You already did the donor NAND route. Lazy and prone to issues compared to straight redo and backup. You can absolutely update the new EmuNAND. You MAY be able to fix your current one but I don't honestly know what you've done. Troubleshooting over a forum is tough enough and you don't follow instructions well. It's a frustrating waste of time. Just start over. Clean. No bugs. Make sure you have your SD formatted to FAT32 (still havent answered if you're on FAT32 or ExFat) and start clean.

Then I don't have to guess or ask 1000 questions and you'll be gaming in an hour or 2.

Or you can keep guessing, using out of date videos and packs, stressing out and maybe fix it someday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay