Gildmor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi,

Console had both emuMMC (on a file) and sysMMC at version 16.0.1 for online games which worked fine till my son upgraded to 16.1.0 by mistake.

First time after upgrade Stock shows the "Ninetendo" log for a sec and then goes dark.
When tried via Hekate launch it gives the "Unknown pkg1 version , HOS version not supported retrying etc..."
emuMMC boots ok.

I'v updated Atmosphere /Hekate to latest version and then upgraded emuMMC to OS 16.1.0 as well.

Tried restoring older Nand that had firmware 14 and it did load initially but when trying to access the shop it asked to update the version, it does something for few seconds and then restarts and again gets stuck in the same manner after the logo shows up.

Tried again the same but this time tried to factory reset the stock, but factory rest also asked to upgrade first and though I tried it ended up in the same situation.

Now, when restoring the same old nand backup it is also stuck in boot, any idea why?

How can I install a working stock rom or somehow factory reset the device but without loosing my emuMMC setup on the external card?

Thanks

Last edited by Gildmor,

Gildmor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
First of all, are you sure you updated to 16.1.0 not 17.0.0? 17.0.0 is the latest fw now.
Good point, I can't be sure because it doesn't boot so no way to confirm...
However the problem now is that even the nand backup of version 14 that did boot two times is now giving same error after restoring it.
So now I have No stock at all booting and no way to update it either.

Only booting to emuMMC is working currently but doing factory reset from there will just reset the file partition and not the actual device if I understand correctly?
Any way to install 16.1 or earlier firmware via the emuMMC for the device itself?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point, I can't be sure because it doesn't boot so no way to confirm...
However the problem now is that even the nand backup of version 14 that did boot two times is now giving same error after restoring it.
So now I have No stock at all booting and no way to update it either.

Only booting to emuMMC is working currently but doing factory reset from there will just reset the file partition and not the actual device if I understand correctly?
Any way to install 16.1 or earlier firmware via the emuMMC for the device itself?
Yeah you can try the beta release of atmosphere first, see if it boots your ofw. Or you can simply boot without injecting hekate, on chipped consoles you can use reboot-ofw option in reboot menu.
You can do factory reset by entering maintenance mode, hold vol+ and vol- when booting ofw. Or you can try to boot syscfw and update with daybreak.

Gildmor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hekate was just updated to support 17.0.0 today. Try to update Hekate and boot stock through Hekate

Given
Yeah you can try the beta release of atmosphere first, see if it boots your ofw. Or you can simply boot without injecting hekate, on chipped consoles you can use reboot-ofw option in reboot menu.
You can do factory reset by entering maintenance mode, hold vol+ and vol- when booting ofw. Or you can try to boot syscfw and update with daybreak.
Indeed I kind of mixed up the versions.
So i'v updated to the pre-release of Atmosphere 1.6 and Hekate 6.0.7 both supporting OS 17.

Also restored the nand backup of the original state exactly as was after the intial failed upgrade attempt.

Now there is no longer error when booting sysMMC but it is still getting stuck few seconds after showing the Nintendo logo.
I tried maintenance mode while the Nintendo logo shows up but it doesn't work.
Also tried to remove the Nintendo directory from the SD card.

I'm using a jig for RCM with my console (no chip), so it will not boot at all after power off without it.
Only way to get to sysMMC is via hekate. If I disable auto RCM will it allow to boot directly to ofw?

How can I boot to sysCFW?

Thanks

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to hold both vol buttons before nintendo logo shows up, not when nintendo logo is on screen.

Did you restore everything? including boot0/1?

Gildmor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
You need to hold both vol buttons before nintendo logo shows up, not when nintendo logo is on screen.

Did you restore everything? including boot0/1?
It's kind of tricky because if I press them during the boot delay it goes back to Hekate launch screen.
So tried several times in the split second after the delay and before the logo shows up, also tried to hold them before selecting the launch option. no success.

Yes, restored boot 0/1 and then full rawnand file.

Last edited by Gildmor,

Gildmor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's kind of tricky because if I press them during the boot delay it goes back to Hekate launch screen.
So tried several times in the split second after the delay and before the logo shows up, also tried to hold them before selecting the launch option. no success.

Yes, restored boot 0/1 and then full rawnand file.

Does it matter if the emuMMC is still 16.1 (and booting fine) for the purpose of booting the OFW ?

Gildmor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Solved!!

Shortly, it required booting to sysMMC that did not work till I disabled emuMMC first.
Also updated Atmosphere from 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 but they seem similar so not sure that actually made any difference.

BTW if someone/Admin can correct the original title it would help others, should be: "

Switch will not boot to stock rom after upgrade to OS 17.0.0"​

Anyway the full explanation of the root cause which I followed is here:

Reactions: AQS and Deetlemore

Marlonnov

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Resuelto!!

En poco tiempo, fue necesario iniciar sysMMC, que no funcionó hasta que desactivé emuMMC primero.
También actualicé Atmosphere de 1.6.0 a 1.6.1, pero parecen similares, por lo que no estoy seguro de que realmente haya habido alguna diferencia.

Por cierto, si alguien/administrador puede corregir el título original, ayudaría a otros, debería ser: "

Switch no arranca en stock rom después de actualizar a OS 17.0.0"​

De todos modos, la explicación completa de la causa raíz que seguí está aquí:
Muchas gracias por compartir como lo resolviste. A mi me pasó exactamente lo mismo.
Por favor, podrías explicarme cómo ejecutaste atmósfera en sysn y no entendí bien y leí el artículo que compartiste. Si pudieras explicarme un poco más te lo agradecería mucho.
Post automatically merged:

one more question please. If I run atmosphere in sysnand as the article says to solve this problem, could there be any bans?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Just booting atmosphere in sysmmc should not result in a ban. As long as you don't install anything or use cheats and stuff like that you should be fine

adnkc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 16.0.1 to 16.1.0 with the latest atmosphere and when I try and boot it shows the atmosphere boot screen and then just goes black screen and won't boot!? Please help

I updated from 16.0.1 to 16.1.0 with the latest atmosphere and when I try and boot it shows the atmosphere boot screen and then just goes black screen and won't boot!? Please help
I erased my atmosphere folder and added it fresh and now it will boot

I erased my atmosphere folder and added it fresh and now it will boot
Now when I try and install a game it wont work:(

Last edited by adnkc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.