Gaming Tropical Freeze - Does it get better?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've been playing and while it has a feeling of being a somewhat of a hard platformer the music is pretty bland, uninteresting and you all know that Nintendo games usually have fucking awesome soundtracks (Brawl, Melee, Pokémon, Mario Galaxy, Mario 3D World, Zelda games, etc) but this falls reaaally flat.

I am on World 2 (of 7) which I've yet to start but I'm feeling pretty saddened that this isn't keeping me entertained and addicted to it instead, it's kinda depressing (like I replayed a level and then all of the Kong letters were gone 'cause that took me some tries to get all of them).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've been playing and while it has a feeling of being a somewhat of a hard platformer the music is pretty bland, uninteresting and you all know that Nintendo games usually have fucking awesome soundtracks (Brawl, Melee, Pokémon, Mario Galaxy, Mario 3D World, Zelda games, etc) but this falls reaaally flat.

I am on World 2 (of 7) which I've yet to start but I'm feeling pretty saddened that this isn't keeping me entertained and addicted to it instead, it's kinda depressing (like I replayed a level and then all of the Kong letters were gone 'cause that took me some tries to get all of them).

Well, David Wise is the composer here and the fans of the original DKC trilogy love his work, so it's naturally different coming from a British composer vs. Japanese composers in the Nintendo games you've mentioned.

It's an OK platformer IMO. There's not much exciting to it, it's really just fan service to DK fans. Overall a solid game, though. Just don't expect too much. Same could be said of Rayman Legends. They both fall flat a bit, but hold up nicely on their own.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, David Wise is the composer here and the fans of the original DKC trilogy love his work, so it's naturally different coming from a British composer vs. Japanese composers in the Nintendo games you've mentioned.

It's an OK platformer IMO. There's not much exciting to it, it's really just fan service to DK fans. Overall a solid game, though. Just don't expect too much. Same could be said of Rayman Legends. They both fall flat a bit, but hold up nicely on their own.

I really enjoyed Rayman Legends as it was tons of fun (except for the last world) but Tropical Freeze just feels like a pain in the ass to play as it requires the player to work for all of it.

Once my Bayonetta 2: Special Edition arrives I'm not gonna touch this again.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the music is bland? whats wrong with you!? :wtf: there are some awesome tracks in this including big top bop, windmill hills, mangrove cover underwater and what about the final boss music? i have the OST i listen to all the time as well as other game music while playing BE.

how can you not love windmill hills?!?!? :glare:

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TF failed cause of no online COUCH CO-OP IS DEAD nintendo!! get your head out your asses!!

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DKCTR is a really fantastic game (I think at least).

I will say this, however: If you go through the game trying to get all the collectibles BEFORE moving on to the next stage, it is HORRIBLE. My recommendation to you would be just play it for the content (just play it to enjoy the great visuals and music), and if you like it that much after beating it, then go back and do the horrific grind-fest that is getting the collectibles.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
DKCTR is a really fantastic game (I think at least).

I will say this, however: If you go through the game trying to get all the collectibles BEFORE moving on to the next stage, it is HORRIBLE. My recommendation to you would be just play it for the content (just play it to enjoy the great visuals and music), and if you like it that much after beating it, then go back and do the horrific grind-fest that is getting the collectibles.

Ideally I'd like to play it like this but not collecting all the letters and etc means that I can't play the other locked stages of that same world which is unfortunate as I can't play the entire world completely.

The music starting from World 2 has improved a lot but for a memorable tune.. It's still forgettable.

D

Deleted User

I've never been a fan of the DKC games. Something about them has always just felt "boring" for lack of a better word. I really dont know why I dont like them which is the strange part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: bc of shame