Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Latest Hekate 5.6.5 for Rebug SwitchME/Trinket.

Enjoy!
I managed to get the Rebug script to work also. When it's done, the output file is still different size than your file. It works identically.
What do you do differently? I cannot find "SwitchMe M0" in the boards menu in Arduino IDE like the instructions said, so i just used "Arduino M0".

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yay! I succeeded.

https://github.com/euclala/fix_dongle
-Copy the files from that site
-Use binConverter.py use the one mrdude posted next to this post)
-Use the arduino script by following the guide.
-You will get an error about fuseebin. Change the line 302 to sendPayload(Hekate_Bin, Hekate_Bin_Size);
-Get the compiled .bin from arduino IDE (export or find on /tmp)
-Use uf2conv.py (python uf2conv.py <here the arduino build> --base 0x2000 --output <file name you wish>.uf2)

Here is the latest Hekate. Enjoy!
Confirmed working on RCMX86.
The support for different straps in controller by switchboot part 1 file. All of these payloads are "part 2", so no need to worry about those things.

Oh, and here's two ways to get into download mode;
A: Launch Samd21_Update.bin, screen goes black. Double click reset, insert USB.
B: Boot into Horizon. Insert USB. Go into sleep mode. Double click reset.
Option A has worked for me before, but lately for some reason not at all. I tried shortening the wires, adding thicker gnd, powering external 5V, but nothing. The i read about option B, and that works everytime!
Double click time can be like 0,5 to 1 second between the clicks and it still works, according to my tests.
@Quezacotl & @pablo67340

Thx for the UF2's with the plain hekate.
Just a few questions:
  • Why is this better than chainloading hekate from /payload.bin?
  • I am using "Fix batter stats" sometimes from the Fusee_Suite hekate mod, because my son sometimes ran out of battery and than it has desynced stats.
    Is this payload anywhere? (so i can call it from your UF2?)
Thanks a lot
pOpY

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Quezacotl & @pablo67340

Thx for the UF2's with the plain hekate.
Just a few questions:
  • Why is this better than chainloading hekate from /payload.bin?
  • I am using "Fix batter stats" sometimes from the Fusee_Suite hekate mod, because my son sometimes ran out of battery and than it has desynced stats.
    Is this payload anywhere? (so i can call it from your UF2?)
Thanks a lot
pOpY
I don't see any difference between hekate payload or chainloading to it. I just feel it's nice to have it on the modchip. First i didn't know that those can be chainloaded(or reloaded) infinitely, so i wanted to have only one payload to launch the atmosphere.

What you mean is this payload anywhere? It's couple posts up. Or the original hekate? Go see github.

Reactions: popy

pablo67340

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bryces.site
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to get the Rebug script to work also. When it's done, the output file is still different size than your file. It works identically.
What do you do differently? I cannot find "SwitchMe M0" in the boards menu in Arduino IDE like the instructions said, so i just used "Arduino M0".
You need to go to the Rebug GitHub, add the link in his readme.md to your Arduino Settings, then the Rebug SwitchMe M0 pops up in your board manager. Programmer must be set to Sam-Ice. Lastly I use 2 python scripts to do final conversions to uf2

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks a lot @Quezacotl for the info.
I meant, is the "reprogram battery gauge" payload anywhere. This is integrated into the Fusee_Suite hekate mod and as state, have to use it sometimes when my son runs out of battery. Because than it Shows 0% but is over 4V.

Any hints why this desync can happen?
Or is my battery faulty?

Thanks

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Thanks a lot @Quezacotl for the info.
I meant, is the "reprogram battery gauge" payload anywhere. This is integrated into the Fusee_Suite hekate mod and as state, have to use it sometimes when my son runs out of battery. Because than it Shows 0% but is over 4V.

Any hints why this desync can happen?
Or is my battery faulty?

Thanks
That info is read from the battery BMS, if you upgraded your battery to a higher capacity battery with a larger amp hour rating, that info read from the bms will always be calculated wrong in the switch software, if you didn't upgrade your battery - you might want to replace with a new one with a working BMS board. The BMS board is the circuit board that is on the battery.

Reactions: peteruk

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Guys thx a lot for the hekate uf2's.

Is it possible to get 5.7.0?

Another question:
Do you use the hekate UF2 on your Chips or the original OP hekate mod chainloader?

Are there any advanteges or disadvanteges?

One mentioned by me is the reprogram battery fuell gauge option in the OP one.
Also there is some battery under voltage protection in the OP one.

What do you think?

Thx

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys thx a lot for the hekate uf2's.

Is it possible to get 5.7.0?

Another question:
Do you use the hekate UF2 on your Chips or the original OP hekate mod chainloader?

Are there any advanteges or disadvanteges?

One mentioned by me is the reprogram battery fuell gauge option in the OP one.
Also there is some battery under voltage protection in the OP one.

What do you think?

Thx

Fusee chainload of Whatever you put on your sd card as payload.bin. This way you never have to update the UF2 ever again. All future changes are done to the payload.bin file on the card. Huge advantage IMO.

ApoQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello everyone!
Did someone installed this chip? It's a new variant of the RCM-X86, called Trinket X86 v1.1.
I'm having trouble programming this chip (boots with SXOS boot.dat).

Attachments

• Uc17b037fc17b4fa794ce3e2c30fb27b56.jpg
    Uc17b037fc17b4fa794ce3e2c30fb27b56.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 68

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I forgot to especify. Right joycon doesn't work plugged when A or B pad of the chip are soldered. And I don't have the schematic either. :-(

Well, you likely have a short to ground somewhere.

What do you have under the chip to isolate the back from the metal CPU cover? (I have a huge piece of kapton tape sticking out from under mine but I can’t see anything under yours.)

Check the other end of the wire you have attached to A to make sure it’s going to the right place and there are no solder bridges or drips anywhere in that areas.

Any other documentation on this chip? Not able to find much on it. Where did you get it?

Reactions: ApoQ

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, I forgot to especify. Right joycon doesn't work plugged when A or B pad of the chip are soldered. And I don't have the schematic either. :-(
Did this chip ever work before? I don't think this chip is supported as Matty specifically mentions to only use one of the 4 or 5 models shows in his tutorial. I have a feeling that your chip isn't doing what it's supposed to and therefore is not supported. You could check with your multimeter to ensure that your "A" on that trinket is giving ground to your pin 10 on right joycon. Essentially pad "A" on your trinket is supposed to give a ground signal to your joycon to trigger the Tegra home button.
Let me know what you find

Reactions: ApoQ and binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: