Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

Nullinga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i update to this first " adafruit-circuitpython-trinket_m0-de_DE-8.1.0 "
maybe my bootloader to old

the way you tell me not working ... i try all

fromhd

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I have a question
When I purchased the 1st generation(KAK10000) secondhand, RCM X86 was installed.
When pressing Volume + and Power keys without a memory card
Switchboot v1.4.3 - Hekate CTCaer v5.0.1 is show.
Can I now update SWITCHBOOT_UF2?
Or can I just update fusee _UF2?
I still don't know the difference between the two.

and I first time to try update.. push the reset twice is ryt?
KakaoTalk_20231201_115941921.jpg

KakaoTalk_20231201_115952276.jpg

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question
When I purchased the 1st generation(KAK10000) secondhand, RCM X86 was installed.
When pressing Volume + and Power keys without a memory card
Switchboot v1.4.3 - Hekate CTCaer v5.0.1 is show.
Can I now update SWITCHBOOT_UF2?
Or can I just update fusee _UF2?
I still don't know the difference between the two.

and I first time to try update.. push the reset twice is ryt?View attachment 406712

View attachment 406711

No point of updating it, just rename hekate as payload.bin

fromhd

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
No point of updating it, just rename hekate as payload.bin
thank you for your support
but I have two problem
first is cannot detect payload.bin in root folder
so, go to boot option -> browser to root -> I selected payload.bin.
is it correct method?
second is after boot to atmosphere with emunand
when I click reboot, screen is black..
so, I push power button more than 10 sec
Is this normal?
Is it because my system or switchboot.uf is an old version?
Or, I wonder if installing fusee.suite will improve things.
could you help me?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for your support
but I have two problem
first is cannot detect payload.bin in root folder
so, go to boot option -> browser to root -> I selected payload.bin.
is it correct method?
second is after boot to atmosphere with emunand
when I click reboot, screen is black..
so, I push power button more than 10 sec
Is this normal?
Is it because my system or switchboot.uf is an old version?
Or, I wonder if installing fusee.suite will improve things.
could you help me?

Set the uf2 version to autoboot the payload.bin so you don't need to use the uf2 version. I never updated my uf2.

Asr86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone, I bought a switch and it comes with the RCM-X86 chip, the blue LED turns on, but when I turn on the switch by pressing volume + and power it does nothing, the screen remains black and nothing appears on the screen from the switch but the computer recognizes it in RCM mode, is the chip working well? I have to repair the SD reader so I cannot test if putting the files in the SD would cause a menu to appear when starting the switch with the key combination. The joy con right does not detect it, I don't know if it could be because the chip is installed incorrectly, but since it does not detect the controller I cannot start the console configuration, is there a way to avoid the joy con screen. I have also read something about pressing the reset button to enter a mode and see the files to update it, I don't have any button.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I bought a switch and it comes with the RCM-X86 chip, the blue LED turns on, but when I turn on the switch by pressing volume + and power it does nothing, the screen remains black and nothing appears on the screen from the switch but the computer recognizes it in RCM mode, is the chip working well? I have to repair the SD reader so I cannot test if putting the files in the SD would cause a menu to appear when starting the switch with the key combination. The joy con right does not detect it, I don't know if it could be because the chip is installed incorrectly, but since it does not detect the controller I cannot start the console configuration, is there a way to avoid the joy con screen. I have also read something about pressing the reset button to enter a mode and see the files to update it, I don't have any button.
First, do you have a charger or other USB cable plugged in while booting? You have to have nothing plugged in, otherwise the chip won't be able to push the payload and you'll be stuck in RCM.

No SD access might make things tricky depending what payload the chip is trying to push. Hekate would start in text only mode if the Nyx files weren't present on the SD card, idk if that would behave the same if it couldn't access the card at all but I'm guessing it would at least display something, it's very thoroughly designed.
If the chip just has a forwarding payload that's supposed to load something generic like payload.bin from the SD card then it might just get stuck.

Honestly you might be better off getting the card reader repair done first so it's easier to diagnose the chip situation.

Also someone else might be able to tell you what payload comes supplied on that chip, and how to get it into file flashing mode.

Asr86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, thank you very much, I will do that, do you know if the entire CFW process can be done without having the initial configuration of the switch or some way to skip the screen where it asks to connect the joy cons to continue with the configuration of the switch.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is a payload on the chip if the chip is wired correctly and programmed correct it should boot into the uf2 payload on the chip.

Asr86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
There is a payload on the chip if the chip is wired correctly and programmed correct it should boot into the uf2 payload on the chip.
I have asked the person who sold it to me and he says that when the files are on the SD that it starts up fine, I will wait for them to put the connector in and I will try.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have asked the person who sold it to me and he says that when the files are on the SD that it starts up fine, I will wait for them to put the connector in and I will try.

Well that doesn't fix your problem, the payload on the chip doesn't require a SD card, so if the chip doesn't work correctly, it won't boot file off the SD.

Asr86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well that doesn't fix your problem, the payload on the chip doesn't require a SD card, so if the chip doesn't work correctly, it won't boot file off the SD.
I will first try to see if it is true that it loads the files like this without needing a computer, if they don't load I will have to update the chip files, but from what I have read it has to have a reset button and I don't see it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will first try to see if it is true that it loads the files like this without needing a computer, if they don't load I will have to update the chip files, but from what I have read it has to have a reset button and I don't see it.

You need a magnet if it doesn't have reset button, some of the rcm-x86 doesn't have reset button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol