Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch was modded with a Trinket earlier this year by a former member of this forum.
Something happened and I couldn't get it to boot into CFW, I found a pack online and that meant I couldn't even boot into OFW.

The last working setup was Atmos 0.12 + Neutros - base FW was 9.1.0 on a v1 launch Switch

Which files designate for the trinket to launch autoRCM? It used to launch with Power+Vol Up
If possible, I would prefer to get it back up and running on a newer firmware (for better reliability with Moonlight) and default to powering into CFW with power.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch was modded with a Trinket earlier this year by a former member of this forum.
Something happened and I couldn't get it to boot into CFW, I found a pack online and that meant I couldn't even boot into OFW.

The last working setup was Atmos 0.12 + Neutros - base FW was 9.1.0 on a v1 launch Switch

Which files designate for the trinket to launch autoRCM? It used to launch with Power+Vol Up
If possible, I would prefer to get it back up and running on a newer firmware (for better reliability with Moonlight) and default to powering into CFW with power.

Is the UF2 on the chip working?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I verify that?

There is a non gui version of hekate on the modchip from whomever installed the modchip for you if you didn't mess up that, you can use that to chainload another version of Hekate or load Fusee-primary to load atmosphere. You press volume down button while powering on the unit to get into the UF2 version of Hekate.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by Hayato213,

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, never touched anything with the chip. Can you point me to what files on the SD card are directing the Trinket to the payloads? I think one of the apps were updated and filed up something in the file structure. I'm fine to format the MicroSD card and start over, I just need to know what files to put where

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, never touched anything with the chip. Can you point me to what files on the SD card are directing the Trinket to the payloads? I think one of the apps were updated and filed up something in the file structure. I'm fine to format the MicroSD card and start over, I just need to know what files to put where

The first thing to try is to put the latest Hekate on the SD card and see if you can load up to that screen of the screenshot I show you, from there you can chainload into another payload like another version of hekate. Perhaps check if your autoRCM is off if the person didn''t do dual boot for you.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing to try is to put the latest Hekate on the SD card and see if you can load up to that screen of the screenshot I show you, from there you can chainload into another payload like another version of hekate. Perhaps check if your autoRCM is off if the person didn''t do dual boot for you.

Going to have to be walked through this - Which files am I installing where from the Hekate github?
Am I renaming any of the files?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to have to be walked through this - Which files am I installing where from the Hekate github?
Am I renaming any of the files?

Just put the Hekate.bin on the root of your SD card, unless the person who done the wiring for you did dual boot, you need a jig to load up RCM if your autoRCM is off.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have Hekate 5.5.1 UF2? I cannot get it to compile through Arduino for the life of me. Using Rebug SwitchME

Since Mattytrog is no longer around, I doubt there will be a newer version shared around here, as for Hekate 5.5.1 what you can do is just chainload the payload that is on your SD, no point of updating the one on your chip, make no difference.

Reactions: peteruk

pablo67340

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bryces.site
XP
Country
Canada
Since Mattytrog is no longer around, I doubt there will be a newer version shared around here, as for Hekate 5.5.1 what you can do is just chainload the payload that is on your SD, no point of updating the one on your chip, make no difference.

Well, after being up all night and getting no where, I decided to go to bed and catch some Z's. After waking up this morning with a fresh mind, I was able to get my Arduino IDE working within minutes, as well as my UF2Conv script, and managed to export a Hekate 5.5.1 Payload UF2. Tested and Verified working on the Rebug SwitchME. For anybody else who needs it, I've attached it below.

Make sure you update the /bootloader on your SD card with the 5.5.1 Hekate Files!

Enjoy <3

Attachments

• Hekate_5.5.1_payload_UF2.zip
    106 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: popy and peteruk

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, after being up all night and getting no where, I decided to go to bed and catch some Z's. After waking up this morning with a fresh mind, I was able to get my Arduino IDE working within minutes, as well as my UF2Conv script, and managed to export a Hekate 5.5.1 Payload UF2. Tested and Verified working on the Rebug SwitchME. For anybody else who needs it, I've attached it below.

Make sure you update the /bootloader on your SD card with the 5.5.1 Hekate Files!

Enjoy <3
Thx a lot.

What's exactly the pro's and con's between chain loading hekate's payload on Fusee_Suite and your UF2?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by popy,

pablo67340

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bryces.site
XP
Country
Canada
Thx a lot.

What's exactly the pro's and con's between chain loading hekate's payload on Fusee_Suite and your UF2?

I'd say the con would be the fact you have to launch Hekate twice to get to the version you'd like to use... which sort of defeats the purpose of having these modchips to speed up your booting substantially. I'd prefer to just have my switch turn on to the correct version, and not have to boot into another version just for the version support. No problem for the UF2 however! If you guys need later versions, tag me and I'll compile another UF2 and upload it.

Reactions: popy

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'd say the con would be the fact you have to launch Hekate twice to get to the version you'd like to use... which sort of defeats the purpose of having these modchips to speed up your booting substantially. I'd prefer to just have my switch turn on to the correct version, and not have to boot into another version just for the version support. No problem for the UF2 however! If you guys need later versions, tag me and I'll compile another UF2 and upload it.
Does that mean it eliminates the need of chain loading hekate? So hekate is baked in into the UF2?

What about the other features of the Fusee UF2, are they present?

Thx

pablo67340

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bryces.site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, this is the Hekate Payload inside of the UF2. It's the latest bin download from GitHub for 5.5.1, so not sure what features it has, but it is up to date. As long as you update your bootloader folder, it should have all the latest features once you boot. And yes, this stops you from needing to chainload Hekate versions. You just boot into the latest version now.
@popy

Reactions: Handsomegleb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1