Hacking RELEASE [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] [Modchip Software] *NEW* Fusee_Suite UF2 packages

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is charging perfectly to the initial 3%, but then completely stops charging, tried payload screen, tried staying on pre boot, tried in atmosphere, tried disabling auto rcm and running OFW, tried to unplug charger from wall for minutes, still can't get it past that initial 3% any ideas?

Double check your D- and D+ connections with a basic continuity check (battery disconnected of course).

butterz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double check your D- and D+ connections with a basic continuity check (battery disconnected of course).
no continuity or shorts in D+ or D-, however in testing everything i noticed that pin 2 on my trinket m0, for the usb disconnect strap has a dead short to ground, not sure if thats normal as it appears to be a ground pin that its strapped to?

edit since this strap was optional i disconnected it, had a local electronics shop do the hardware install since i can't micro solder, fixed my charging issue and no more short on either side, thank you! i have been fighting this for days and didnt thint to probe for a short since it was otherwise working and would sortta charge!

Last edited by butterz,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, which kind of LED can I add to RCM X86? Is a multi-colored LED (similar to Trinket M0) supported?

Trinket uses dotstar

There was somebody talking about adding a dotstar led to an RCM X86. Might have been on Reddit. Will look around. They were looking to use pad 4 and Trinket UF2 code to control the RGB because just power on/off won’t control a multi color LED.

Dotstar ain’t cheap. By the time you purchase an LED, do the R&D and get the code written, compiled and tested…you‘re way beyond the cost of buying a Trinket and reusing the wires you’ve already soldered in.

I have a Trinket myself and having multi color LEDs hidden all up inside the back plane of my switch isn’t the first thing I show people when they ask about my switch…it just ain’t that impressive.

Diekatzchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was me. I've already made the code changes (which really just amounted to setting a variable and recompiling) and ordered the dotstars but haven't received them yet. Or maybe I have, I'm on vacation and they could already be waiting at home.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was me. I've already made the code changes (which really just amounted to setting a variable and recompiling) and ordered the dotstars but haven't received them yet. Or maybe I have, I'm on vacation and they could already be waiting at home.
*scrolls one page back*

I’ll be damned. I knew it was somewhere…my younger years of alcohol abuse have not been kind to me.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How are you getting on with the Dotstar? Did your code work?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: peteruk

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok yes i did, i just wanted to communicate in case you hadn't noticed

he’s been away from the site for the past two years. we’re hoping to see him back any day now. Fingers crossed.

azxc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he’s been away from the site for the past two years. we’re hoping to see him back any day now. Fingers crossed.
He wrote this on his github page here: https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE
"I have been away for over 2 years so this is going to take me a while to get back correct. I can no longer access my old account on GBATemp."

Perhaps a mod or someone can help him gain access to his account again

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He wrote this on his github page here: https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE
"I have been away for over 2 years so this is going to take me a while to get back correct. I can no longer access my old account on GBATemp."

Perhaps a mod or someone can help him gain access to his account again

I heard earlier in the thread that he was in touch with Chary and they're working on it. Something about confirming his identity.

Reactions: peteruk

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone using fusee suite v7 and is it stable?
Yes. I ”used” v7 for about a week. in so much as one would need to “use” a bootloader.

It‘s stable and many of the less necessary bits have been removed giving a much cleaner and simpler use case. It does what it says on the tin.

I went back to my hand rolled V6 release because I like to flip all the levers.

Reactions: peteruk and popy

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Yes. I ”used” v7 for about a week. in so much as one would need to “use” a bootloader.

It‘s stable and many of the less necessary bits have been removed giving a much cleaner and simpler use case. It does what it says on the tin.

I went back to my hand rolled V6 release because I like to flip all the levers.
Thx for your experience.

Running V7 now and see how it goes.

Last edited by popy,
Reactions: binkinator

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my trinket arrived and its time to solder.

I have pulled the board fron the chassis and soldering to the underside alternate points but even doing that, there is one which is a tight spot, the Alt 3v supply.

I have tested with a meter and two smaller pads next to it are part of the same track so it makes it a little easier not having to worry about them but the components surrounding the pads did make it a solder that had to be done with care.

Not done any of the others yet apart from tinning all the required pads but those are all going to be straightforward :)

I have the luxury of this being a second switch, i expect this would be super stressful for someone who is soldering to their only unit!

Having studied the front side, i imagine there have been a few upset people who have destroyed their mainboard, i could solder to that side but when there are proper pads on the back, it isn't worth the elevated risk of soldering to the 0603 size capacitor for 3v

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1