Hacking RELEASE [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] [Modchip Software] *NEW* Fusee_Suite UF2 packages

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes i do understand the difference.. i currently use both, specifically i am mentioning i would like to use the dual payload options labelled as "dual boot" so i can boot into atmosphere directly or boot into hekete to boot other things like lockpick etc, now just to clarify to accomplish this i need to copy the "dual boot" .U2f file to the chip then name them payload and payload2 on the sd card?
If you want like that. I suggest permacfw so it boots into hekate. Then enable autoboot to payload. That way if you want to access hekate, just tap some button on boot to interrupt autoboot.
That's how i do it.
Also depending on modchip, either reset button or magnet, holding that will disable the chip, booting to normal ofw.

Reactions: binkinator

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for me its better to use dual boot -> so normal boot will use OFW and button combo boot runs CFW
i think its better if the battery is running low, sometimes cfw will not boot correct and it will hang in a state where battery drains for me

Diekatzchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just noticed that the RCMX86 has two unused pads, just sitting there asking to be used for a Dotstar. I have the source open in front of me, it looks like I just need to define a new board type in boards.h based on the existing RCMX86 entry, and define the pins for the Dotstar. Can anyone tell me if I'm about to do something stupid or genius?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just noticed that the RCMX86 has two unused pads, just sitting there asking to be used for a Dotstar. I have the source open in front of me, it looks like I just need to define a new board type in boards.h based on the existing RCMX86 entry, and define the pins for the Dotstar. Can anyone tell me if I'm about to do something stupid or genius?

Being that they’re currently unused I can’t see hooking up an LED doing any harm. If I had to guess it’s probably pretty tight to squeeze any more code in there but hey, the Trinket does it already so worth a shot?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Part_2_Version_6.090220 I customized my foreground and background colors according to the chart in OP. As of Part_2_Version_6.110320 the offsets contain different data. I assume @mattytrog moved things around for the last release.

I have gone through TRINKET.UF2 with a fine tooth comb (iterated through the file looking for E6,00,12 with increasing permutations of equidistant wild cards between the 3 values) and changed the 00 to FF (makes the background canary yellow) in hopes I could trigger a visible change. No dice.

1) Does anyone know the new offsets to change BG and FG colors in Part_2_Version_6.110320?

2) The code in GitHub looks like it’s not the latest. I see where the values are substituted in the Arduino .h files but nothing in the UF2 files match that pattern. Does anyone have the latest source so we can build from where @mattytrog left off? (Slim chance since it’s been 2 years since he’s even touched GitHub But figured I’d ask.)

1639417545642.jpeg

Diekatzchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Part_2_Version_6.090220 I customized my foreground and background colors according to the chart in OP. As of Part_2_Version_6.110320 the offsets contain different data. I assume @mattytrog moved things around for the last release.

I have gone through TRINKET.UF2 with a fine tooth comb (iterated through the file looking for E6,00,12 with increasing permutations of equidistant wild cards between the 3 values) and changed the 00 to FF (makes the background canary yellow) in hopes I could trigger a visible change. No dice.

1) Does anyone know the new offsets to change BG and FG colors in Part_2_Version_6.110320?

2) The code in GitHub looks like it’s not the latest. I see where the values are substituted in the Arduino .h files but nothing in the UF2 files match that pattern. Does anyone have the latest source so we can build from where @mattytrog left off? (Slim chance since it’s been 2 years since he’s even touched GitHub But figured I’d ask.)

Did you try looking in Fusee-Suite/Part_2_Version_6.130120? That would appear to be the source code you're looking for. It's where I got mine.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try looking in Fusee-Suite/Part_2_Version_6.130120? That would appear to be the source code you're looking for. It's where I got mine.

Appreciate the response!

If I’m reading Matty‘s versioning scheme properly that release is from 13 JAN 2020. The one I‘m looking for is from 11 MAR 2020.

Looking at the code inside the zip it shows the latest release should have the exact same pattern but I can’t find that pattern anywhere in the last binary that was released.

1639422504639.jpeg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,

Diekatzchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, Found it.

It looks like the new battery features are in fact in the latest code. Found the new Fuel Gauge functions are in fact in the 110320 release (and only that release.) Now I guess I need to build it and see if I can figure out why 0xE6 0x00 and 0x12 aren't showing up in the final TRINKET.UF2.

Latest Code: https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE/tree/master/Fusee-Suite/Part_2_Version_6.110320

Ah. I seem to have been reading the versioning scheme incorrectly. Yes, I'm aware that day/month/year makes more sense logically. Doesn't mean I can make my brain parse it correctly.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I seem to have been reading the versioning scheme incorrectly. Yes, I'm aware that day/month/year makes more sense logically. Doesn't mean I can make my brain parse it correctly.

I exported my first build out of Arduino IDE from main.ino but it was only 127k. I think it should be 512k. Doing something wrong.

Did you get yours built from src already?

Diekatzchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I exported my first build out of Arduino IDE from main.ino but it was only 127k. I think it should be 512k. Doing something wrong.

Did you get yours built from src already?
Huh. I got the same. I thought it the extra might be block size padding, but after running it through uf2conv.py it's still only 256. I haven't checked yet, but is the actual payload.h in there? Maybe he didn't include it in the code

[edit]Nope, PL1 and PL2 are there. No idea what's up with that. Unless... Maybe he's padding out part1 uf2, and then putting an offset on part 2 uf2 so that they slot together?[/edit]

[edit2]Partially correct. The first 256kb are the actual code. The next 256kb are multiple redundant configuration setting areas. Wasn't he saying something about using wear leveling to prolong the life of the chips? no idea how to actually do that, though[/edit]

Last edited by Diekatzchen,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I got the same. I thought it the extra might be block size padding, but after running it through uf2conv.py it's still only 256. I haven't checked yet, but is the actual payload.h in there? Maybe he didn't include it in the code

[edit]Nope, PL1 and PL2 are there. No idea what's up with that. Unless... Maybe he's padding out part1 uf2, and then putting an offset on part 2 uf2 so that they slot together?[/edit]

[edit2]Partially correct. The first 256kb are the actual code. The next 256kb are multiple redundant configuration setting areas. Wasn't he saying something about using wear leveling to prolong the life of the chips? no idea how to actually do that, though[/edit]

We’re doing paired programming. I’m coming to the same conclusions. You’re quicker with your edits. ;-)

Yes, the PL?.h files are the code. They are fairly beefy too:

667083E3-FF37-481D-A104-0B093999C35C.jpeg

In the other thread the resulting payloads are coming back around 256.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...-modchip-software.526607/page-87#post-9457840

But in the Original Post in the same thread from MattyT, his files are 512.

When I try to push my 256 it fails and leaves the 512 trinket.uf2 untouched.

Edit: good catch on the config section. going to see if I can merge the bottom 256 config section with my top 256 Code section.

Edit: original wear leveling discussion —> https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...uf2-fusee_uf2-modchip-software.526607/page-79

Edit: Wear leveling is handled in virtual_eeprom.h file. 16 pages at 0x40 each (1k)

Edit: Guys in a similar situation. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-compile-bin-payloads-to-uf2.518516/

Edit: What I’m trying now. https://github.com/Quantum-cross/sam-fusee-launcher-internal

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After a ton of reading, I do believe I've got it.

Turns out size doesn't matter. Well, it does, but not the way we were thinking it did.

Here's @mattytrog talking about the fact that half is payload and the other half is flash so it makes a total of 512k on the Switch.

This is a more detailed explanation.

End of the day you set up Armored Dildo(tm) just like this https://github.com/euclala/fix_dongle including the part where you push the payload to the Trinket via USB. The file will be smaller but will fill up the space (including flash) on the Switch. When you reboot everything and mount your Trinket again the file will be 512K total. Simply download it to your PC for safe keeping.

As a proof of concept, I bumped the release date to 141221 changed my BG colors (swiping white Ninty logo on black background).

I attached my TRINKET.UF2 file but people should NOT run code from randos on the Internet.:whip:

To change BG colors the offsets for the Trinket M0 changed to:
03A0C6 - red
03A0EC - green
03A112 - blue

Foreground color offsets for completeness:
03A238 - red
03A25E - green
03A284 - blue

1639544296290.png

I feel like I learned something today. Plus I'm the first and only one in the world to have release 141221. :switch:

Attachments

• TRINKET.rar
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 9D83003F-23BE-455A-A00F-8CFABD533188.jpeg
    9D83003F-23BE-455A-A00F-8CFABD533188.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75

Jaikou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I flashed Trinket.UF2 to my Trinket M0 and I see the file present. However when I flash Fusee_Suite I don't see the file present after the Trinket resets. Is this normal?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I flashed Trinket.UF2 to my Trinket M0 and I see the file present. However when I flash Fusee_Suite I don't see the file present after the Trinket resets. Is this normal?

First flash fusee_suite https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_...rt_1/Trinket/FUSEE_SUITE_TRINKET.uf2?raw=true

Once complete you double tap Reset and you should be able to mount the Trinket over USB again.

Finally flash TRINKET https://github.com/mattytrog/FUSEE_SUITE/blob/master/Fusee-Suite/PART_2_LATEST/TRINKET.UF2?raw=true

When you finish the second one the drive will unmount and you will not be able to see the files unless you hit reset two more times and mount the USB again.

Lots of people saying it’s fiddly to get the double tap reset timing just right but once you get it down I find it hard to miss.

Hope that helps…

Diekatzchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah
After a ton of reading, I do believe I've got it.

Turns out size doesn't matter. Well, it does, but not the way we were thinking it did.

Here's @mattytrog talking about the fact that half is payload and the other half is flash so it makes a total of 512k on the Switch.

This is a more detailed explanation.

End of the day you set up Armored Dildo(tm) just like this https://github.com/euclala/fix_dongle including the part where you push the payload to the Trinket via USB. The file will be smaller but will fill up the space (including flash) on the Switch. When you reboot everything and mount your Trinket again the file will be 512K total. Simply download it to your PC for safe keeping.

As a proof of concept, I bumped the release date to 141221 changed my BG colors (swiping white Ninty logo on black background).

I attached my TRINKET.UF2 file but people should NOT run code from randos on the Internet.:whip:

To change BG colors the offsets for the Trinket M0 changed to:
03A0C6 - red
03A0EC - green
03A110 - blue

Foreground color offsets for completeness:
03A238 - red
03A25E - green
03A284 - blue

I feel like I learned something today. Plus I'm the first and only one in the world to have release 141221. :switch:

Cool beans. I'll do this later, once the dotstars I ordered on ebay arrive. No point in flashing it until I can actually test the feature I added.

butterz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is charging perfectly to the initial 3%, but then completely stops charging, tried payload screen, tried staying on pre boot, tried in atmosphere, tried disabling auto rcm and running OFW, tried to unplug charger from wall for minutes, still can't get it past that initial 3% any ideas?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My switch is charging perfectly to the initial 3%, but then completely stops charging, tried payload screen, tried staying on pre boot, tried in atmosphere, tried disabling auto rcm and running OFW, tried to unplug charger from wall for minutes, still can't get it past that initial 3% any ideas?
If the battery was completely flat, you might just need to leave it on charge for a long time (several hours)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more