Silent Viper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mp3.com.au
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
i think there is no need to trim all games, many of them has small space in the end of the rom

i, for example, looked roms in fileviewer and then trimed roms with many "zeros" in the end (NSMB, Big Brain Academy, Tetris DS)
also many roms can be trimmed after a time they released, when a new software for g6 is released...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If only the 00's/FF's are removed from the end of the rom then it should work fine (try giving a few back if it fails), if it removes other 00's/FF's then we could be in for some issues although it is still a very viable method.
For the record Silent Viper many many roms can be seriously trimmed this way (younjust picked some bad examples), for example the Japanese pokemon game can be halved (1024 to 468mbit) although that is an exception rather than the rule.
As for internal trimming many roms have junk space (the US and Japan tetris DS have several megs of space at the end of the soundfile) and many more have junk to make for nice looking addresses which makes rom hacking easier but adds nicely to the space used.

But yeah compatibility should and does go up with new software a Silent Viper said.

Also if you are seriously interested in saving space KillerMiller take a look at the link in my signature about rom rips and enhancements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: