Hacking Triiforce play NTSC WAD's on PAL Wii

jonaspaulo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello is there any problem in playing a NTSC wiiware or vc Wad in a PAL wii? as in the ntsc wad tries to update the wii and bricks it up? Or if i have the block updates on game selected on priiloader no harm is done? And if there is no problem in playing it, it is straightforward? or we need to patch somehow de ntsc wad into a region free version? THanks a lot

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
wiiware doesnt contain any updates. you can play games (whether it be disc or vc/wiware) of other regions if you apply patches to the system menu via preloader or startpatch without patching the game itself.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jonaspaulo said:
Hello is there any problem in playing a NTSC wiiware or vc Wad in a PAL wii? as in the ntsc wad tries to update the wii and bricks it up? Or if i have the block updates on game selected on priiloader no harm is done? And if there is no problem in playing it, it is straightforward? or we need to patch somehow de ntsc wad into a region free version? THanks a lot
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95479

or

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=11457

jonaspaulo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks a lot for the answers. i tried to search but it isn't working properly here. and there's no problem that the wii is in 4.2E right?

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
jonaspaulo said:

I have been testing triiforce over the last few days on my PAL 4.1e wii via sd-nand and it plays all regions for me without problems.

I have successfully played PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J wiiware and vc titles through triiforce without any probs!

I've been having loads of fun playing the japanese version 'muscle march' which is one of the craziest games i've ever seen or played! I was too scared to try and install a japanese wad on my pal wii before triiforce came out so i understand your worries about bricking!

Have fun :)

jonaspaulo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes that was the concern ehe
tongue.gif
but you play the ntsc wad's passing them first on the freethewads right? My big concern was that i read somewhere that the fw 4.2 wasn't region free therefore my worry.

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
jonaspaulo said:
yes that was the concern ehe
tongue.gif
but you play the ntsc wad's passing them first on the freethewads right? My big concern was that i read somewhere that the fw 4.2 wasn't region free therefore my worry.

I'm installing them onto the nand with showmiiwads the pc application. I have never used freethewads and don't believe it has been neccessary in my case as i'm not to bothered about installing a bad wad on the emulated nand as it's only an emulated version of the nand after all and not interfering with my wii's official ios's.

I think it's great for troubleshooting if a wad is good or bad or working ok! I will probably never install any wads to my offical wii menu again now that i can emulate the nand. I intend to keep my real wii nand as clean as possible in the future!

I got it working in the end with a combination of simple fs dumper to dump my nand AND showmiiwads to install wads to the nand. I thought it was gonna be more difficult but it really is easy to use and stopped me from worrying about messing up my sd card. I simply copy the 8 nand emu folders from my pc to the root of the sd card and everything works cool through triiforce and triforce mrc!

I have preloader 0.29 on my wii and bootmii as boot 2 so i have a PROPER backup.
If you dont have bootmii as boot 2 i would probably be more paranoid and definately be a lot more reluctant to using foreign wads.
The only setting/hack i am using or have enabled in preloader is the 'skip updates' i have not 'enabled' any region settings or any other in preloader apart from this!

jonaspaulo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hm yes i dont have as boot2. Well i've been trying with shwomiiwads but always get the same error while loading wiiware's: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off....." :s

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
jonaspaulo said:
hm yes i dont have as boot2. Well i've been trying with shwomiiwads but always get the same error while loading wiiware's: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off....." :s

If you are using a sdhc card this is expected, you will need a sd card, preferably 2gb or under! If you are trying to do it via usb expect more problems than usual. Get it working on your sd card first if you can then try and get your usb going. I have a freecom 500gb usb hard drive (samsung internal drive) which usually runs everything else under my fat partition which has been set to active.. I have problems with usb and now can only use sd but that's fine for me for now.

I'm not an expert on the subject but if i didn't have bootmii as boot2 and I was going to play around with wads, i would probably stick to wiiware/vc wads of my region and make sure they are from reliable sources! Thats my opinion through reading up on this subject before!

If i also didn't have bootmii as boot2 and have preloader 0.29 + hacks i probably would not play with wads at all unless i was 100% sure that the wads were in my region and from a verified source! But that's me!

Then again as the whole thing is emulated i'm not sure that you we are 100% safe when running out of region/or bad wads?????????????? Then again because i have bootmii as boot2 and preloader&hacks i feel pretty safe experimenting knowing i can go back to a bootmii nand backup if everything goes wrong!

Although i have had no problems so far with the methods i have used!

Maybe someone could else could chip in with their thoughts on this one?
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021