Hacking TriiForce beta testing

Pizzasrgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just used TriiForce for the first time tonight. When I tried to run the games "NyxQuest" (NTSC-U) and "Final Fantasy IV: The After Years" (NTSC-U) from USB or SD-NAND using Beta 8, I got a message saying something like: reading tmd failed in ISFS_Open /title/blah, error -106. So I tried using Beta 7, and that told me "no main .dol found" and if I pressed A to use the alternate nandloader or whatever, it code dumped. So.. I tried Beta 6. Beta 6 launched both games fine, without any of the errors the later versions gave me. Has anyone else experienced these regressions? Or have I not done something properly? My FS dump was done with Simple FS Dumper and is on the root of both the USB and SD devices. The wads were installed to both SD and USB nand dumps by using wad2nand and then copying the folders over.

By the way, from what I've used of Beta 6, this is a great app, thanks to everyone who worked on it.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you can reproduce the exact issues with the exact same versions, then you are on to something. But if you don't get the exact results again if you test with beta 8, 7 and 6 now, it's just your device not being fully compatible with the nand emu.

L

lolololox

Hello,

i have me too some regression with triiforce since beta8.
With te game The three Musketeers: works fine with older version than beta8, but don't launch with beta 8, with the message :
Reading TMD... ISFS_Open /title/80ea..../80ea.../content/title.tmd failed -106.
I use USB-NAND.
Other few games i have works fine with all version.

Pizzasrgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I tested again with beta 6, 7 and 8, this time using more games. These are my results. All games are NTSC-U.

Beta 6
USB NAND
LIT - Works
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King - works
LostWinds - Runs but gives a black screen before title screen
NyxQuest - works
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - works
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord - works
Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias - Runs but gives a black screen before title screen

SD NAND
LIT - Works
NyxQuest - works
Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias - Runs but gives a black screen before title screen

Beta 7
USB NAND
LIT - Works
NyxQuest - works
Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias - works (tried 3 separate times, worked each time, although it doesnt on SD NAND?)

SD NAND
LIT - Works
LostWinds - Runs but gives a black screen before intro screen
NyxQuest - works

Beta 8

USB NAND
LIT - "Reading TMD...ISFS_Open/title/80ea5db8/80ea5db8/content/title.tmd failed -106
Reading TMD Failed
.dol loading failed"
LostWinds - Runs but gives a black screen before intro screen
NyxQuest - works
Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias - works

SD NAND
LIT - "Reading TMD...ISFS_Open/title/80ea5db8/80ea5db8/content/title.tmd failed -106
Reading TMD Failed
.dol loading failed"
NyxQuest - works

Beta 7 and 8 worked a lot better than when I tried them before. Beta 7 was able to at least start all of the games, and beta 8 only gave me that tmd error on one of them. So does this mean it's my devices not being fully compatible with the NAND emu? LIT gave the exact same error on both SD and USB NAND, though, wouldn't that kind of a strange coincedence if it's supposedly just a device problem?

I wouldn't be surprised if the hard drive wasn't fully compatible though.. I tried to get it to work with USB loaders and cIOS249 many times in the past and it never worked, but recently I tried it with Hermes' cIOS222 and uLoader and to my surprise it worked, so I thought I would try it out with TriiForce, not really expecting any results. I'm pretty pleased that it even worked at all lol.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do/anything I can test to help out.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me, I'd like to free some memory by moving some VC/WW channels into the emulated USB NAND and deleting them from the Wii Menu in order to play them with Triiforce. The problem is that I need to move VC/WW Saves as well, because I don't really want to start them again from the beginning...
I've searched a lot and tried to figure how to do it for myself, but without success.
I tried exploring the NAND folders with FTPii to copy VC/WW saves into my USB NAND but I don't know where they are stored. Can someone help me?

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Tetsuo Shima said:
Excuse me, I'd like to free some memory by moving some VC/WW channels into the emulated USB NAND and deleting them from the Wii Menu in order to play them with Triiforce. The problem is that I need to move VC/WW Saves as well, because I don't really want to start them again from the beginning...
I've searched a lot and tried to figure how to do it for myself, but without success.
I tried exploring the NAND folders with FTPii to copy VC/WW saves into my USB NAND but I don't know where they are stored. Can someone help me?
Anche se avviati con Triiforce i giochi continuano a utilizzare i salvataggi sulla nand reale.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Grazie
wink.gif

So you say that using Triiforce, games are still using saves on real NAND? So far I've only tested Super Mario 64 (it is installed in both real and emulated NAND), but with Triiforce my save isn't there anymore

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem, first time I tried it it worked, but when I chose sword&soldiers the game freezed and I had to power off my wii, now when I choose mount SD-Nand it gives me something like this "error can´t read titles list".
I´ve tried to delete all NAND files in my SD and dump it again, but the problem stays, any solution?

sincitypiercer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, this works fine on my fat32 partition/wbfs partition but when I try to put my nand on an sd card it wont load it just gives an error that cant read nand.

What are the steps for running this on a sdcard, can you have anything else on the card other then the nand, like seperate homebrew sdcard and seperate nand?

I am trying to use a scandisk ultra 2 sdhc 8gb card

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ Laurozza:
You're right, I tried with other games that I have on my real NAND and the save data are all working in Triiforce. I don't understand why the same does not happen with Mario 64
unsure.gif

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What are you talking about? N64 saves are stored on the NAND, you are confusing GC memcards with N64.
Other N64 VC saves are working, like Sin & Punishment.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Tetsuo Shima: It's pretty simple...

If you play the game from emu SD, then the gamesave will be stored on emu SD.

When you make a nand dump, the saves and the games on your nand are also dumped to SD

Hence, as long as you're using your own nand dump, you can clear the real nand and continue playing your saves perfectly fine on the emulated nand.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm glad that came from a mod. I was going to say the same thing, but was worried about the flaming should I be wrong.
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just to clearify, if you use the nand emu, the save games are loaded and written to the nand emu device. Of course they are copyied together with the games themselves when dumping the nand.

And again, sdhc cards are poorly supported, get a sd card or usb device.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, thanks to everyone. So, If I understand correctly:
- if I want to keep my old saves to play with Triiforce I have to make a whole NAND dump so both game and save data are transferred to the emulated NAND.
- If on the other hand I install a game to the emulated NAND by other means (for exaple using ShowMiiWads) I loose the ability to keep my saves, even if they are present on my real NAND

In my case Mario 64 was installed on real NAND when I dumped it, but I uninstalled it from NAND emu with ShowMiiwads (and lost save data as well). When I reinstalled and launched it on the NAND emu a blank save file was created.
So the only solution to have my old save data back is to make a new NAND dump ,right?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Question:

What is the file that takes care of the saves on emulated NAND
blink.gif
?

Is it placed inside "title" or "ticket" folders?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Inside the ticket folder, there's the ticket from a game. Inside the content folder is the tmd, and the app itself, and inside the data folder, that's the savegame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: