Hacking TriiForce beta testing

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm too lazy to write a pc app that manages wads and the files for the nand emu. It should be easy to write a manager that unpacks wads to the file structure that is requrired. And if somebody does that, it shouldn't be too much work to add savegame management to that.

BlackVivi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I'm too lazy to write a pc app that manages wads and the files for the nand emu. It should be easy to write a manager that unpacks wads to the file structure that is requrired. And if somebody does that, it shouldn't be too much work to add savegame management to that.
...Yeah, when my GF comes I will write that application. A little python script should be more than enough. Even a .bat could be enough ...

Edit: By the way, WiiPower... you would help me a lot if you could tell me the revision of the betas.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
jurai said:
Bootmii dumps a full 1:1 of your nand, FS Dumper just dumps the file system, which would obviously be smaller in size.

I assume you moved the contents of the FS Dumper's folder into the root of your sd card / usb device after it finished dumping?
Yes, I placed the folders contained within FS-Dump on the root of my sd and hdd (not the whole FS-Dump folder itself). I've read extensively on how to do this, so I don't feel this is my problem, but thanks.
QUOTE(skid @ Aug 16 2009, 09:50 PM) A 346MB dump sounds about right because the 528MB dump is your total NAND with some keys added. The difference between the 528MB and 346MB is free space in your NAND. Are all of your hdd's formatted with FAT32? Are they in the first partition and active? The empty folders like import and tmp go straight into the root of the drive. e.g. usb:\import

You might want to try using zestig to extract the file from your BootMii backup. Try following the instructions here:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-162-p...8.html#pid29908
Yes my hdd has first partition FAT32, set to primary, and works with any homebrew I throw at it. I've tried three sd cards; 1gb, 2gb, and 16gb, but I still get the ret = -1 error in the latest WadManager 1.5 release. I copied all folders, empty or not, to the root of my sd and usb, and no matter which combination I try, I get the error. I'll also note that my NAND dump stated it was successful, and I didn't encounter any errors in the process.

It's frustrating because I have 100% compatibility in my softmodding experience, and others have confirmed this working, but I can't seem to figure out what's causing the problem. I'll try a few more NAND dumping options and report back later when I get a chance. Thanks for your response.

I was having the EXACT same problem.

I noticed you have been using SD cards for your testing. TRY using a USB flash drive or external drive for your next test. Just use the orginal dumped files you have, no need to dump again.

I can now mount my emulated NAND on USB drive with Wadmanager 1.5

I was constantly getting the -1 error when trying to mount my SD card but now that mounts fine after getting my USB to work first. I have no idea whats up with that but I"m happy.

Running 3.2 firmware with Rev14

Kingherb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem as above error ret -1 tried my own dump and someone elses, never had problems before so i think its a issue with wad manager 1.5

satorx

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i had this ret -1 error too but i fixed it this is what i got to get it working

External usb hd FAT32 clean partion with just nand files on from FS-Dump, Primary, active , Install wads from SD

when i made the partion active it solved the ret -1 error hope this helps everyone
smile.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Would be installing system menu and IOS wads with wad manager 1.5 sufficiently cover the whole wii filesystem for nand emulation?

goku21temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow , awesome ... hadn´t seen this coming so soon ... works nice on both sdhc and usb-hdd for me ...

2 games which didn´t work after installing them with wad-manager 1.5 to the fake usb-nand:

tales of monkey island 1 PAL

Water Warfare PAL

thank you very much guys

lonegreyride

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here are my results, after some fooling around. There may be more info than necessary here, but I figure that's better than too little.

4.0U, rev14, bootmii, preloader, and custom theme installed.

First, I made a NAND dump with FS Dumper, transferred it to 8GB Sandisk USB stick. Here's where I'll ask you to please not flame, I did something foolish just for the sake of foolishness... i erased the entire contents of the title folder to see how far I could get (I'll admit I've never seen a NAND dump before, and knew I'd be erasing something I'd need, but anyway...)
Installed Eduardo the Samurai Toaster and Swords & Soldiers (both ntsc-u) with Wad Manager 1.5 to the USB NAND. Both installed fine, Wad Manager expectedly froze on "Restarting Wii", powered down and started up again.
Loaded Triiforce, loaded USB NAND, both titles showed up fine. Tried to start S&S, froze on first logo (surprise!). Tried ETST, loaded fine, said yes to create save file, continued. After trying to load first stage of the game, got an error that Wii System Memory couldn't be accessed (surprise #2).

Made another NAND dump after erasing all VC/WW from SD Card menu, and moving 3 forwarder channels back to Wii Memory, left teh dump as is, tried installing same 2 titles. Got an error -1024 on the second game, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, another error. Exited, power down, etc, came back into Wad Manager, installed second title, success.
Loaded Triiforce again, USB NAND, only get ??? where titles had previously shown up. Tried scrolling through titles, only get ???. When trying to start, get the error about main.dol not being found, press A to load nand loader instead...
Code:
Loading DOL: /title/00010001/43554245/content/0000001.app
ISFS_Open /title/00010001/43554245/content/0000001.app failed -106
Reading .dol failed
.dol loading failed
press any button to continue
Changed Video Mode to NTSC480i, get to "Loading complete, booting...", then code dump. Changing any other settings gets me the .dol error again.

So, I feel as if I'm trying to load titles which aren't the WiiWare I installed, but instead the channels that were on the emulated NAND. I also wonder if having a custom theme installed would change things. Going to try to uninstall all installed channels that were on original NAND, and report back later.

Sorry if I'm just doing something stupid, just trying to post as much info as I can in case there's something that catches your guys eyes. Thanks for this, I know I will get it working, and I couldn't appreciate your guys' work any more than I do. Cheers.

Edit: I deleted the contents of /title/00010001/, as BlackVivi had reported success with doing this. Installed same two titles again, now only those titles show up in Triiforce's list. Loaded Eduardo Samuarai Toaster, once again got "could not access Wii System Memory" after trying to load stage 1. Tried loading Swords & Soldiers, get to wrist strap screen... this time, wiimote loses functionality and won't sync. Powered down, Wiimote now also fails to sync on normal Wii Health & Safety warning screen, but will sync once the system menu is loaded.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
I implemented banner displaying into build im using, however im currently in a van on 14 hr ride home posting off my phone. If wifi shows itself ill post a dol

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
we are working on banne rdisplay, and real banner display (tpl, animation etc) and im 98 % sure your talking about printing a png/jpg

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Im referring to extracting and displaying TPL's. I'm caching the extracted TPLs after first extraction to avoid needlessly extracting on next load. I used code from the banner branch as a base

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dogeggs said:
Here's a nand dump i made for anyone having trouble dumping theirs:
smile.gif

I'm sure you mean well, but nand dumps contain copyrighted material. So I'd suggest you remove the link to avoid being moderated for breaking the rules.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
s3phir0th115 said:
dogeggs said:
Here's a nand dump i made for anyone having trouble dumping theirs:
smile.gif

I'm sure you mean well, but nand dumps contain copyrighted material. So I'd suggest you remove the link to avoid being moderated for breaking the rules.
And you can't use NAND dumps from one wii on another one

lonegreyride

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I used dogeggs' NAND dump, and installed more titles. I noticed that to install multiple files in a row using WM 1.5, I had to go back to the "Choose Source Device" screen, scroll through, and choose SD again after each install. This was the only way I could get to install multiple files in a row. The titles I installed were all originally USA, although some may have been region-free. If this is relevant, I'll go back later to see which ones it was. Here were my results:

Eduardo The Samurai Toaster: First froze on "Loading..." before first stage. Second try, got past loading, received error "Cannot access Wii System Memory". However, on first loading, save file was created, and was recognized on second loading (i.e. wasn't asked to create a new one, and number of lives chosen was the same as before).

Bonsai Barber: Worked perfectly. Save file created and successfully loaded on second running.

Family Mini Golf: First try... froze after clicking A to say Yes to creating save file. Second time, wasn't asked to create save file, game runs fine (but really sucks). After this, to be honest, I have no idea if you can save this game mid-round or not. I chose 'return to title' after one hole, and on the next loading, had to start that hole again... but I get the same result when I don't leave the game... don't have time right at the moment to play an entire round to see if this works.

Swords & Soldiers: Freezes at first logo screen.

Silver Star Reversi: Works, save file works.

@Dogegg... I'm guessing your Wii sensor bar is positioned below your TV... mine is above, and I seemed to be aiming at the wall above the TV to aim, lol. No matter though, I'm goin back to my own NAND dump after realizing that the games I had trouble with have the same trouble when I'm using yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...