Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The penny arcade forums are currently full of NDSL love, and writing lots about Phoenix Wright and Trauma Center among the best games.

Now I remembered I like Trauma Center, but got to some mission (actually not too far in - Chapter 2 Mission 4) where lots of aneurisms appear.

Not being a bad gamer by any means, I gave it a go again today.

As far as I can see, this mission is currently unbeatable to me.

After using the healing touch when the lots of aneurisms appear, I still can not keep all at bay while removing even one or two.

What am I missing?
cry.gif

usurper77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was stuck there for a few hours myself. I think I ended up finding out that once you reconnect the veins, you dont necessarily have to suture them right away. I did two at a time and ended up passing. Hope this helps.

thadguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently not playing Trauma Center because of how hard that level is too. I feel its doable, though, I'm just not fast enough with my "healing touch" yet. Not suturing right away like usurper77 mentions will help. also, after you cut, you don't have to excise (take out with forceps) right away either, if that helps.

JuLeZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL ya this is the first mission you have to think out of the box. I was stuck on it myself for awhile.

You don't take care of them one at a time actually parts at a time. The trick is not to make them get too big. Cut them but dont remove the anuerism yet. Becase when they start to bleed is when the patients hp drops dramatically.

Save your healing touch for the 5-6 burst anuerism at the end. Remember if it gets too big drop what ur doing and shrink it. Cut it. Then move on the rest. Cut and remove them 2-3 at a time. Reconnect the vien. Then Suture them all at once.

I was like you once thinking it was unbeatable.

Try it out tell me if you pass it.

litesaber

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yah this operation was such a jump in difficulty.
someone gave me the tip to just cut them but dont remove the aneurisms yet.
exactly what julez said above ^
and i passed it doing it this method. not sure if thats feasible in real life :S

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was stuck in that chapter as well... until I remembered the syringe with the green medicine that can actually add a little bit of life to it. Other than that, it's down to skill and luck and you'll find the next levels a breeze.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that one and the one you have to do after difusing the bomb are hard. (I'm still stuck on the bomb one).

Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all the answers.

I can not see one post which is not helpful
bow.gif

I already tried not surturing, but not excising sounds good, too. I'll give it a shot.

This thread will be updated first with more ranting, then hopefully with my success
happy.gif

JuLeZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Save your healing touch for the 5-6 burst anuerism at the end. Remember if it gets too big drop what ur doing and shrink it. Cut it. Then move on the rest. Cut and remove them 2-3 at a time. Reconnect the vien. Then Suture them all at once.

I phrased that wrong. Cut them all but dont remove them. After all has been cut I believe I did Remove (forceps), Drain Blood (drain thingy), connect (forceps again). Then suture them all at the same time. I remember after controlling the anuerisms making sure they didnt explode and cutting them without removing it becomes easy. You can see yourself getting to the end. Make sure you use the green syringe if need be to bring ur patients heart rate back up.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've beaten Trauma center back in december and it is a really difficult game. First you have to know what to do but just that is not enough. In some missions, even with the the proper knowledge of what you have to do, it becomes REALLY HARD. It's overwhelming at some points, i think it could have been made a little easier, i bet a lot of players tried the game but didnt finish it because it was too much for them.

Anyway, one thing's for sure, it IS beatable, you just have to put in the time.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I feel that if I got that frustrated with a level, I'd go in and slash at the patient then turn off my DS and go sleep.
smile.gif

Well yeah, but my last tries are a few months away
wink.gif

However, with the 'not excising' it worked, and I finally had enough time without the vitals dropping rapidly or aneurisms popping.

Thank you all
wub.gif

Oh, and it's almost 5 AM here (damn night shift), and it was my first try with your hints.

lil_fighter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i agree, that mission sucked hard, but if you pass it, and somehow beat the game, you may say to yourself "Hey, im pretty good at this" but don't get so cocky. Have a go at the X missions, and i swear to you, you will be humbled. Just the first mission (which i have heard is the hardest)got me so frustuated, that tears began to well up in my eyes.

magx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, this game is REALLY frustrating

I like it, a lot actually, but I have a hard time going back to it due to frustration

Sherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played in a looooooong time...but I left off when you have to deal with 5 patients in a row in 10 minutes. That was just too hard for me...

Strider

Next to the mainstream
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...got me so frustuated, that tears began to well up in my eyes.

Before that happens, my DS would not survive. I guarantee it.

I never destroyed VG equipment, so far only my Gamecube wireless controller has several biting marks of mine on it, because Metroid Prime frustrated me so much, however, I gave up at some point. There's no sense in running through half of the game again just to have another try at beating a boss. No fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw