Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dgwillia said:
I mean i would try my best to help in my spare time (has about maybe 3 hours of down time a day). But i couldnt guarentee results xD.

same here I guess
smile.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember the last time I had to write an essay that was only 3 pages. Those were the days...

Not to heap more abuse on you, but psycoblaster is right. Let the people translate things that actually need to be translated. I'm very appreciative of the jus, puyo 15th, and band brothers translations because who knows when those are ever coming out here. By the time plat was translated, it would probably be out already, making the effort pointless.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pokemongalaxy said:
TheBestNaruto101 said:
pokemongalaxy said:
I think an open translation project seems good, so all a hacker needs to do is make some sort of wiki or something where everyone can help translate, I would even start on learning rom hacking if anyone agrees with me
smile.gif
same with me if someone does start a open translation

thanks for agreeing, just a question: how hard is it to hack a rom and get all the script needed to translate for an open trans?
that's i'll say step 1. (or 2, if you include the step to VIEW the text
tongue.gif
)

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
to be honest none of you guys who think you can do an open translation will actually translate it.Even if you started learning rom hacking now the game will be released here before you start translating.

Tragoedia181

B*tch I Look Like Goku!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
to be honest none of you guys who think you can do an open translation will actually translate it.Even if you started learning rom hacking now the game will be released here before you start translating.
so noitora you think you can translate it?

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheBestNaruto101 said:
so noitora you think you can translate it?
Even if someone experienced were to start a project, the game most likely would be released before they finished. It would end up being a waste of time, and it's rude to ask someone to waste months of effort just so you can play the game a bit early. Noitora understands that, and he's just trying to save you that same effort.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, since it's out is someone willing to make a translation of it?
At least perhaps only menu and attacks or so^^

Tragoedia181

B*tch I Look Like Goku!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zerrix said:
So, since it's out is someone willing to make a translation of it?
At least perhaps only menu and attacks or so^^
nobody gonna make a translatin read what darknemesis wrote.Hopefully we'll get a walkthroguh

bunnybreaker

Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
For fucks sake, does no one understand patience!?

The game is gonna be out in english eventually, and here you (requesting collective) are requesting someone translate this.

Also, some of you are considering "learning" to ROM hack, then translating it yourself. You do realise all the time it will take means the game will probably be out in english by the time you start, and you could use that time to play other, cool games.

Finally, all this impatience over a fucking Pokemon game, it's the same shit it has always been, go play a hack for crying out loud, or make one of your own with some editing tools.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with bunnybreaker, just have some patience. First off, I guarantee it's coming to the U.S. and Europe. Secondly, it's not as if this is a new generation of Pokemon games, it's the same thing with a few additions, so it isn't as if you're missing anything huge.

On the topic of actual translation of games, it's neither quick nor easy 99% of the time. Consider the fact that there are companies that are built around the business (

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the rom is out, i seriously would be surprised if no-one does a translation (im still hoping for atleast a pokemon nature/attack move translation >_>), but seeing as everyone here thinks 6-8 months is a short amount of time. And also seeing as disgaea DS got a translation within a week of release (and was already announced 2 come out in a month >_>). So ill just wait and see what happens, if a translation doesnt come out, then meh, ill ask around on other sites.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
dgwillia said:
Well the rom is out, i seriously would be surprised if no-one does a translation (im still hoping for atleast a pokemon nature/attack move translation >_>), but seeing as everyone here thinks 6-8 months is a short amount of time. And also seeing as disgaea DS got a translation within a week of release (and was already announced 2 come out in a month >_>). So ill just wait and see what happens, if a translation doesnt come out, then meh, ill ask around on other sites.
When Disgaea DS came out I just did a translation for the menus.I wanted to play the game myself so if anyone else benefited from it then it's fine.
It's no use wasting your time translating a game that's gonna come here in like 6 months, and when I am talking about translating I mean full translations not just menu translations.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one asked for a full translation >_>, i could have asked for all the menu's/items if i was being greedy(maybe pokemon names was a bit greedy @_@), but atleast natures @_@, and possibly some move names. And i still standby the thought of a translation coming out for this in the next week.

Noitora

Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
dgwillia said:
No one asked for a full translation >_>, i could have asked for all the menu's/items if i was being greedy(maybe pokemon names was a bit greedy @_@), but atleast natures @_@, and possibly some move names. And i still standby the thought of a translation coming out for this in the next week.
I still doubt it's gonna happen.By me at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol