ROM Hack Translation project for Pokémon Black2 & White2

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone :D Well Here's a quick suggestion that I thought of last night. If you're familiar using NitroExplorer2b, just keep a 2nd clean rom for your translation patches then extract the narc from it then use NitroExplorer2b on your 2ch v2 Patched Pokemon Black/White 2 (assuming you have the translation file for respected game.) and reinsert the a/0/0/2 and/or a/0/0/3

hope this helps until they decide to use V2 in their translations.
This worked wonders! I can now access my status screen and the rom is translated with the Pokestation translation patch aswell! Thanks for this!
Cant understand it...

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone :D Well Here's a quick suggestion that I thought of last night. If you're familiar using NitroExplorer2b, just keep a 2nd clean rom for your translation patches then extract the narc from it then use NitroExplorer2b on your 2ch v2 Patched Pokemon Black/White 2 (assuming you have the translation file for respected game.) and reinsert the a/0/0/2 and/or a/0/0/3

This worked wonders! I can now access my status screen and the rom is translated with the Pokestation translation patch aswell! Thanks for this!
Cant understand it...
To make things simpler

How to patch Black 2 to have the 2CH Patch and the Pokestation translation at the same time!

1) Use Nitroexplorer 2 and Navigate to a rom with the pokestation translation
2) Go to A/0/0 and then click the "2" and click extract and place it wherever.
3) Patch a rom with the 2CH patcher.
4) Open the newly patched rom in Nitroexplorer 2
5) Find A/0/0 and click the "2" click [reinsert] and navigate to the "2" you extracted.
6) File 2 has been replaced successfully should show at the bottom if you did things right.
7) Transfer rom to flashcard or load in emulator or whatever.
8) VIOLA! You now have the 2CH Patch AND the translation patch in one! You can now play the game! in partial ENGLISH!

And yes this does work, i did this myself!
Need any help just ask me or pm me. I will be glad to help anyone who is stuck doing this.
Someone feel free to post this on the first page so people can see how to do this properly.

Reactions: 2 people

Aizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Can somebody test this on r4 sdhc upgrade(RGF's firmware)

I own a DSTT, using RFG's cfw + 6.40v1 dats from 2ch, a pokemon black rom with the 2ch patch + v1.1 of the translation(extracted the translation from a translation-patched rom using nitroexplorer, patched another rom with the 2ch patch and re-inserted the translation).
Game is working fine so far. Just got my first pokemon, battled the rival, got experience points, opened the summary to see if everything is fine and no problems so far.

Reactions: 1 person

GenesisX52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there going to be a pre patched rom available at some point because mac users can't patch stuff and it would be a big help. anyway, awesome job so far on the translation

mtbelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have the patched 2 file that is needed to reinsert into the game. Tried this a bunch of times and couldn't get it to work...

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cant understand it...
To make things simpler

How to patch Black 2 to have the 2CH Patch and the Pokestation translation at the same time!

1) Use Nitroexplorer 2 and Navigate to a rom with the pokestation translation
2) Go to A/0/0 and then click the "2" and click extract and place it wherever.
3) Patch a rom with the 2CH patcher.
4) Open the newly patched rom in Nitroexplorer 2
5) Find A/0/0 and click the "2" click [reinsert] and navigate to the "2" you extracted.
6) File 2 has been replaced successfully should show at the bottom if you did things right.
7) Transfer rom to flashcard or load in emulator or whatever.
8) VIOLA! You now have the 2CH Patch AND the translation patch in one! You can now play the game! in partial ENGLISH!

And yes this does work, i did this myself!
Need any help just ask me or pm me. I will be glad to help anyone who is stuck doing this.
Someone feel free to post this on the first page so people can see how to do this properly.
The thing works,i can open pokemon stats now but everything is still in japanese :(

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
So there's no patch that has untranslated Pokemon names?
It's nice I'm not the only one who'd like this! I wish I knew how to edit roms lol... Cause I'd totally make that.

Also it seems there's no patch that can work on white 2 yet. (Or it didn't work cause I tried it on a rom patched for AP already.. >.>; )

Edit:
nah.. fails to patch white even on a clean rom. Checksum fails.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo