ROM Hack [Translation] Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth)

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others said, it's possible but I tried to keep things as legal as possible (as much as you can with fan translations, anyway).

For anyone who wants to extract the patched data and make a layeredFS patch for their own use, the following files are modified:
Disc1/f0006.bin
Disc1/f1239.bin
Disc1/f1240.bin
Disc1/f1245.bin
Disc1/f1247.bin
Disc1/f1248.bin
Disc1/f1249.bin
Disc1/f1250.bin
Disc1/f1252.bin

Please note that any method other than loading with Gateway seems to be bugged when it comes to the character names (region issue?) so you'll run into bugs if you go with the layeredFS approach.
I might be able to look into this, my guess is that the region needs to be forced to Japanese to display proper. Could easily be done via exefs patches or NTR's region change stuff.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok, i just decided to give it another go, and idk if its some difference in NTR 3.0 vs 2.0, but this time using the JPN language plugin fixes the blank names issue as long as you have it active when you create the save........maybe thats where i went wrong when i was testing a while back, i think i was just testing with a already created save that already had the bug activated

Reactions: shinyquagsire23

Ambassador

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Just some crappy stuff

Attachments

• top_0040.jpg
    top_0040.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 250
  • top_0042.jpg
    top_0042.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 259
  • top_0043.jpg
    top_0043.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 260

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually ran into a couple of moments where the girl herself said something untranslated.

Apparently I didn't get the part following it where they responded. I think I recall them saying something about her clothes? ... That probably doesn't help much... Sorry. I was distracted by another of those giant spirits.

Attachments

• top_0000.jpg
    top_0000.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 218

Ambassador

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
6JYtLXF.png

ambassador seems to be hitting way more untranslated test than i ever did.....probably mostly battle text as i was cheating so battles were over pretty quick :P
Yeah, I really liked the battle system, I will not be skip it. My goal - finishing the game in 100%, with all secrets, so perhaps I'll find most of the untranslated text. Sadly, I'll never know what it says, because I will not play the game a second time.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
6JYtLXF.png

Yeah, I really liked the battle system, I will not be skip it. My goal - finishing the game in 100%, with all secrets, so perhaps I'll find most of the untranslated text. Sadly, I'll never know what it says, because I will not play the game a second time.
yeah that was my original plan when i was doing the beta testing, but then i lost my save about 3/4 of the way through, so in an effort to just rush through and report any major bugs before people reached them i decided to just cheat and get through it all as fast as possible :)

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
yeah that was my original plan when i was doing the beta testing, but then i lost my save about 3/4 of the way through, so in an effort to just rush through and report any major bugs before people reached them i decided to just cheat and get through it all as fast as possible :)
How to cheat?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol