Hardware transferring wii saves to wiiu manually?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is it possible to say just put a wii save file on an SD card and transfer it over to Vwii without using that inbuilt transfer all or nothing program? i just want my prime save on the wiiu so i don't have to unlock the fusion suit all over again...

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Savegame manager gave me an error so i copied my saves the official way it would not let me transfer copy protected saves until i removed no copy save protection in priiloader then to get them to my vwii (copy protected saves) it would not let me transfer them until i used the patched ios80 installer for vwii.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
don't think i want to use that:

WARNING! THIS APP MODIFIES vWii's SYSTEM MENU IOS! RISK LEVEL "ORANGE" ACCORDING TO THIS THREAD! (which you should READ FIRST)
vWii CURRENTLY HAS NO RECOVERY OPTIONS SUCH AS BootMii, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! :O

also that's for running channels off sd card what i want to do is transfer a save game file from wii to wiiu and run it from wiiflow.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't think i want to use that:

WARNING! THIS APP MODIFIES vWii's SYSTEM MENU IOS! RISK LEVEL "ORANGE" ACCORDING TO THIS THREAD! (which you should READ FIRST)
vWii CURRENTLY HAS NO RECOVERY OPTIONS SUCH AS BootMii, SO USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! :O

also that's for running channels off sd card what i want to do is transfer a save game file from wii to wiiu and run it from wiiflow.

I was just saying it would not let me manually copy (copy protected saves on vwii until i did) patch ios80, I understand not risking a brick just so you can copy a gamesave.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to use patched IOS 80 make sure you backup original IOS 80 before you install the patched one.

IOS 80 for original Wii will NOT work on vWii.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Yet Another Wad Manager Mod EN to make a backup of your vWii iso's, just so you have a backup of IOS80 from your vWii.

loco365

Trophies
XP
If the save can be copied to the SD card from the Wii menu without any means of bypass, you should be able to copy it onto your vWii. I did that to transfer over some saves (Wii Sports, MadWorld, Super Mario All-Stars).

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just tried it with all my saves they all say you have to play this on the wii 1st before you can transfer over to the wiiu...WTF? :wtf:

fuck it giving up

angry-panda-table-flip_design.png

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tried it with all my saves they all say you have to play this on the wii 1st before you can transfer over to the wiiu...WTF? :wtf:

fuck it giving up

angry-panda-table-flip_design.png

Play your game once (on the WiiU, not the Wii, despite what it says) making sure you get to a point where it makes save data. Exit the game. Delete the save data from the WiiU. Now you can copy Wii the save from your SD card onto the WiiU.

Annoying, time consuming pain, yes. Complicated to the point where you should give up, no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol