Homebrew Transferring Gateway 3DS saves to CIA

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,572
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So, I've been enjoying my custom firmware'd A9LH 3DS a lot. However, I recently decided to continue playing Yo-Kai Watch, which I have on my 3DS cart. Loading Gateway the usual way, I can continue playing from my flashcard fine. However, I'm trying to fully transfer things over to .CIA so I don't even need my Gateway card any more.

For some saves, what I can do is rename the save to 000400000FF40A00.sav, load the game using the Gateway menu, then use the CTR SaveDataFiler to export to SD card, and then import it to SD. This works with most games.

But for Yo-Kai Watch, it really doesn't - I just keep getting errors when trying to import (the export seems to work just fine).

Can someone help please?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So, I've been enjoying my custom firmware'd A9LH 3DS a lot. However, I recently decided to continue playing Yo-Kai Watch, which I have on my 3DS cart. Loading Gateway the usual way, I can continue playing from my flashcard fine. However, I'm trying to fully transfer things over to .CIA so I don't even need my Gateway card any more.

For some saves, what I can do is rename the save to 000400000FF40A00.sav, load the game using the Gateway menu, then use the CTR SaveDataFiler to export to SD card, and then import it to SD. This works with most games.

But for Yo-Kai Watch, it really doesn't - I just keep getting errors when trying to import (the export seems to work just fine).

Can someone help please?

Requirements JK Save Manager CTRXplorer

I. Preperation Steps

1. Right click and copy all your .sav files, paste them anywhere on your computer as backup

2. Make a new folder on your SD card, call it something like "Gateway saves"

3. Copy one of your .sav files into this folder

4. Look up that save file on 3DSDB to see what game it is

5. Rename that .sav file to 0004000002C23200

6. Make a new folder and name it to whatever game it is Example: SD:/Gateway saves/Super Mario 3D Land/

7. Place the 0004000002C23200 sav file in this new folder you just created

8. Repeat steps 3-7 until every game is setup this way. Can take a while to go through depending on how much saves you have, be really patient.

9. Download JK Save Manager.cia, and CTRXplorer.cia then place them anywhere on the SD card

II. Exporting & Importing the saves with JK Save Manager

1. Install all the cia games you need, for the games you're going to import saves with

2. Launch each and every game one time, allowing it to initialize which creates save data. Again, this takes a LOT of patience to go through

3. Install JK Save Manager and CTRXplorer cia's using any cia manager you like. Assemble them near the game cart icon on the home menu for quick access.

4. Open CTRXplorer and browse into the Gateway saves folder, then into one of the game folders

5. Copy the 0004000002C23200 sav file (Instructions on top screen, should be Y to copy), then press B twice until you're on the SD's root. Paste the file here using the Y button (Say yes to replace if the file already exists)

6. Press home and close it. Press select to open Gateway's rom menu and choose the game you're about to work on, but don't go into the game

7. Open JK Save Manager, go to "Cartridge", then choose "Export save". Name it anything such as a date ex: 5-8-16

8. Once you exported the save, go back to the main menu and choose "SD/Cia". Find the game and choose "Import save"

9. Repeat steps 4-8 until every game's save is exported then imported. You'll need extreme patience for this, as this is the only way to decrypt the .sav files.

10. Launch some of the games to confirm that the save did indeed transfer successfully.11. PLEASE make a backup of ALL the backed up saves from JK Save Manager, by uploading them to Google Drive or Dropbox!! This way your saves are forever safe!

Credits - https://tapatalk.com/topic/27398-gbatemp-net/425743-importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Requirements JK Save Manager CTRXplorer

I. Preperation Steps

1. Right click and copy all your .sav files, paste them anywhere on your computer as backup

2. Make a new folder on your SD card, call it something like "Gateway saves"

3. Copy one of your .sav files into this folder

4. Look up that save file on 3DSDB to see what game it is

5. Rename that .sav file to 0004000002C23200

6. Make a new folder and name it to whatever game it is Example: SD:/Gateway saves/Super Mario 3D Land/

7. Place the 0004000002C23200 sav file in this new folder you just created

8. Repeat steps 3-7 until every game is setup this way. Can take a while to go through depending on how much saves you have, be really patient.

9. Download JK Save Manager.cia, and CTRXplorer.cia then place them anywhere on the SD card

II. Exporting & Importing the saves with JK Save Manager

1. Install all the cia games you need, for the games you're going to import saves with

2. Launch each and every game one time, allowing it to initialize which creates save data. Again, this takes a LOT of patience to go through

3. Install JK Save Manager and CTRXplorer cia's using any cia manager you like. Assemble them near the game cart icon on the home menu for quick access.

4. Open CTRXplorer and browse into the Gateway saves folder, then into one of the game folders

5. Copy the 0004000002C23200 sav file (Instructions on top screen, should be Y to copy), then press B twice until you're on the SD's root. Paste the file here using the Y button (Say yes to replace if the file already exists)

6. Press home and close it. Press select to open Gateway's rom menu and choose the game you're about to work on, but don't go into the game

7. Open JK Save Manager, go to "Cartridge", then choose "Export save". Name it anything such as a date ex: 5-8-16

8. Once you exported the save, go back to the main menu and choose "SD/Cia". Find the game and choose "Import save"

9. Repeat steps 4-8 until every game's save is exported then imported. You'll need extreme patience for this, as this is the only way to decrypt the .sav files.

10. Launch some of the games to confirm that the save did indeed transfer successfully.11. PLEASE make a backup of ALL the backed up saves from JK Save Manager, by uploading them to Google Drive or Dropbox!! This way your saves are forever safe!

Credits - https://tapatalk.com/topic/27398-gbatemp-net/425743-importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games

Excellent! This method worked! The one I was using was a different method.

Thank you very much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-