Transferring games from Series S to X

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!
I had a question, I currently own a Series S, and I was planning to get a Series X. If I do get the Series X, can I transfer the games on my Series S to the Series X using an external HDD? Are the games that are optimized for Series X different from Series S? The reason I'm asking is because I've seen the game sizes on both consoles and the Series X games seem to be larger. Are they the same version?
Thanks.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
I had a question, I currently own a Series S, and I was planning to get a Series X. If I do get the Series X, can I transfer the games on my Series S to the Series X using an external HDD? Are the games that are optimized for Series X different from Series S? The reason I'm asking is because I've seen the game sizes on both consoles and the Series X games seem to be larger. Are they the same version?
Thanks.

They are the same versions. There are no games that are only optimized for Series X. They're optimized for both Series X|S. Transferring via external shouldnt be a problem, but you can also use the network transfer method & if all else fails, redownload them.

Reactions: AATHENINJA206

AATHENINJA206

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are the same versions. There are no games that are only optimized for Series X. They're optimized for both Series X|S. Transferring via external shouldnt be a problem, but you can also use the network transfer method & if all else fails, redownload them.
Thanks!
I've heard that the reason Series S games are smaller is that they don't need the 4k textures like the Series X does. Will my games be updated once I transfer them to the Series X?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
afaik, the games are the same. they even have X/S on the game cover if you check the stores. I've never seen one that shows X only. just the s is substantially weaker than the x.
Actually that's not totally true. While it is the same version of the game, the disc version only show for series x. It would be pointless to put the s on it since the s can't play discs and parents that don't know any better may buy them for the s if they displayed the s and x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1