dylan2228

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everybody, I picked up a new 3ds xl from the store today and I was wondering how I go about transferring my data from my old 3ds to the new 3ds. I have been using a micro sd with a sd adapter in the old 3ds and I rushed to take out the micro sd and put it onto the new 3ds, upon powering on I no longer have my themes, eshop games or the save backups I made :( . I have a backup of the micro sd in it's original state but I was wondering how to transfer the data correctly. I know that I can just download the eshop titles again however I don't have much bandwidth (5gb per month) and I want to keep my saves from the old console.

Sorry for the wall of text...

dylan2228

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you performed a System Transfer? You need to do that from the Nintendo 3DS settings, before you move over your SD card.
Oh man, I went to do one but it wanted to connect to the internet, I had wifi off so it wouldnt update past 9.2 so I nope'd out of that pretty fast haha

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup, just as Monty said. Recently Nintendo implemented a check in System Transfer to make sure both systems are on the latest firmware. So yeah, you gotta wait till you can use emuNAND on the New 3DS, since you could then get 9.4 and perform one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1