ROM Hack Question Transfering PKhexed pokemons (SS) from a CFW switch to a Switch Lite.

xddhgze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello world !
After getting a switch Lite, I decided to turn my original Switch to an hacked one with emuNAND and sysNAND.
I'll be getting my jig next week, so I decided to test the local trade in Pokemon Sword.
Here's my stuff :
-One switch Lite.
-One non-patched Switch that will get emuNAND under Atmosphere with Edizon / Checkpoint for saves (actually only has a OFW sysNAND).
-One game bought on the Nintendo eShop and installed on both my console running the same account (Running different saves).

First problem : I can't seem to make a local trade with both my console (I can see my other device in the Y-communication menu asking for a trade, but I can't press the notification and I can't see my other device in the overworld).

But Second problem : I was planning to make my Legit pokemon from Lite to go in sysNAND's save to modify it in PKhex, but when I turn the plane-mode, I can't even access Y-comm menu anymore, I get an error asking me to turn-off plane-mode (that will be enabled once my switch will be under CFW).

So, regarding the first problem, is it because I'm using the same game on 2 devices that I can't seem to make the trade work ?

Regarding the second, I've seen people that were talking about offline trade to transfer their sysNAND pokemons to PKhexed emuNAND with 2 switches, but how is it possible if you can't trade with plane-mode enabled ? or am I getting an error because it's a game from the eshop ? (Official game, switch isn't banned under any way since I can play online without issue).

I heard about 90DNS and incognito, would that be the key to trade my future emuNAND with my Lite ?

And last question, can use a different nintendo account for my future emuNAND, install a different game (unofficial one) and make trades without risking my lite & sysNAND to get banned due to emuNAND's pokemon ?

Thanks you !

Last edited by xddhgze,

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using the same account is the problem. Cant have two instances at the same time. You'll need to have a second account to trade even locally. The game may register there being two saves. But also knows you're on the same account so won't be visible to trade.

xddhgze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using the same account is the problem. Cant have two instances at the same time. You'll need to have a second account to trade even locally. The game may register there being two saves. But also knows you're on the same account so won't be visible to trade.

Thanks, that confirm what I was thinking.

Do you know what's up regarding the second part where I can't press Y-comm while being in plane mode ? is it because I'm using a eshop version or you simply can't open it while in plane mode ? (forgot to mention that both Y-comm are working at the same time, but it doesn't open with only one game opened and while in plane mod)

What would be the thing to do to trade PKhex from emuNAND to sysNAND without getting online ?

Thanks !

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, that confirm what I was thinking.

Do you know what's up regarding the second part where I can't press Y-comm while being in plane mode ? is it because I'm using a eshop version or you simply can't open it while in plane mode ? (forgot to mention that both Y-comm are working at the same time, but it doesn't open with only one game opened and while in plane mod)

What would be the thing to do to trade PKhex from emuNAND to sysNAND without getting online ?

Thanks !
Air plane mode disables communications both local and online.

In regards to going online. The y com cam be offline too. Just press y rien dont press the plus button

Last edited by Toady231,

xddhgze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After testing, indeed 90DNS does work (Unable to play only / eShop but I can use Y-comm).
Now I have another solution which is to disable the WiFi (By deleting WiFi options + changing rooter's PIN to be sure) and since I don't think 90DNS may be useful to something to me then I guess disabling is the thing to do.

Thanks !

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would install incognito as well, 90dns is controlled by someone else, incognito is controlled by you. I just don't trust it because at any time, 90dns could decide "lets watch everybody get banned" and redirect it to Nintendo Servers again. I feel like if Nintendo ever gets access to it im sure that is what they will do. If the guy who runs it get caught, Nintendo could let them off the hook if he directs all traffic back to Nintendo. Incognito deletes your console serial number from your certificate, so even if 90dns fails, they won't have access to the information to ban you. Then you can use all the hacks you want without worry

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would install incognito as well, 90dns is controlled by someone else, incognito is controlled by you. I just don't trust it because at any time, 90dns could decide "lets watch everybody get banned" and redirect it to Nintendo Servers again. I feel like if Nintendo ever gets access to it im sure that is what they will do. If the guy who runs it get caught, Nintendo could let them off the hook if he directs all traffic back to Nintendo. Incognito deletes your console serial number from your certificate, so even if 90dns fails, they won't have access to the information to ban you. Then you can use all the hacks you want without worry
There are several things wrong here.

First off, the person behind 90DNS whose name is quite well-known would never do anything malicious like that or at least not without a warning due to unforeseen circumstances. Their name is heavily associated with ReSwitched so for 90DNS to turn diabolical would spell the end of ReSwitched and the open-source scene for the Switch.

Secondly, even if 90DNS fails, you would simply not get connection to the Internet, not connect to Nintendo's servers.

Thirdly, 90DNS has been around longer, in fact much longer than Incognito and Nintendo has not done a thing. If they haven't done anything in the 1.5 years its been up, its highly unlikely to change.

Fourthly, PegaScape, which is a user-friendly frontend for PegaSwtich relies upon 90DNS to block Nintendo's servers while allowing users to access the Internet in order to utilize the exploit namely ipatched Switch owners and unpatched consoles with a low enough firmware.

There are also quite a number of negatives associated with Incognito including but not limited to the fact that it does not block communications to Nintendo unlike 90DNS. While it wipes PRODINFO, it does not remove the unique consoleid. And since it removes PRODINFO, its a more permanent ban than 90DNS which can be disabled without CFW. If you ever lose your PRODINFO backup, which has happened to a good chunk of users if you read the Incognito thread, then your out of luck.

Personally I feel both are useless as there is nothing exclusive that you require Internet services for that you can do with other methods. But if someone is desperate for using the Internet without worrying about a ban, 90DNS has more benefits, if not as many, as Incognito. There are reasons it was implemented first and still sticks around while something like Incognito is not supported in all hacking circles.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hylianzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're doing this the hard way. Just use the Switch's Save transfer function to send your save to your SysCFW and back it up with Checkpoint. Edit it in PKHex, restore it, and transfer it back. Otherwise you'll need to create a second account on the Hacked Switch and use that to do local trades not connected to WiFi.

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're doing this the hard way. Just use the Switch's Save transfer function to send your save to your SysCFW and back it up with Checkpoint. Edit it in PKHex, restore it, and transfer it back. Otherwise you'll need to create a second account on the Hacked Switch and use that to do local trades not connected to WiFi.
If they start detecting hacked Pokemon, both Switches will be banned. So would not recommend that

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
You're never going to get a system ban for having a hacked pokemon. Period. They are just so prevalent and easily distributed that any innocent person using any of the trade functions in the game or pokemon home would be eligible for a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1