Question Transfering PKhexed pokemons (SS) from a CFW switch to a Switch Lite.

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by xddhgze, Nov 30, 2019.

1. xddhgze
    OP

xddhgze Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    France
    Hello world !
    After getting a switch Lite, I decided to turn my original Switch to an hacked one with emuNAND and sysNAND.
    I'll be getting my jig next week, so I decided to test the local trade in Pokemon Sword.
    Here's my stuff :
    -One switch Lite.
    -One non-patched Switch that will get emuNAND under Atmosphere with Edizon / Checkpoint for saves (actually only has a OFW sysNAND).
    -One game bought on the Nintendo eShop and installed on both my console running the same account (Running different saves).

First problem : I can't seem to make a local trade with both my console (I can see my other device in the Y-communication menu asking for a trade, but I can't press the notification and I can't see my other device in the overworld).

But Second problem : I was planning to make my Legit pokemon from Lite to go in sysNAND's save to modify it in PKhex, but when I turn the plane-mode, I can't even access Y-comm menu anymore, I get an error asking me to turn-off plane-mode (that will be enabled once my switch will be under CFW).

So, regarding the first problem, is it because I'm using the same game on 2 devices that I can't seem to make the trade work ?

Regarding the second, I've seen people that were talking about offline trade to transfer their sysNAND pokemons to PKhexed emuNAND with 2 switches, but how is it possible if you can't trade with plane-mode enabled ? or am I getting an error because it's a game from the eshop ? (Official game, switch isn't banned under any way since I can play online without issue).

I heard about 90DNS and incognito, would that be the key to trade my future emuNAND with my Lite ?

And last question, can use a different nintendo account for my future emuNAND, install a different game (unofficial one) and make trades without risking my lite & sysNAND to get banned due to emuNAND's pokemon ?

Thanks you !

Last edited by xddhgze, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

Feb 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    East Northamptonshire
    Using the same account is the problem. Cant have two instances at the same time. You'll need to have a second account to trade even locally. The game may register there being two saves. But also knows you're on the same account so won't be visible to trade.

3. xddhgze
    OP

xddhgze Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    France
    Thanks, that confirm what I was thinking.

Do you know what's up regarding the second part where I can't press Y-comm while being in plane mode ? is it because I'm using a eshop version or you simply can't open it while in plane mode ? (forgot to mention that both Y-comm are working at the same time, but it doesn't open with only one game opened and while in plane mod)

What would be the thing to do to trade PKhex from emuNAND to sysNAND without getting online ?

Thanks !

4. Toady231

Feb 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    East Northamptonshire
    Air plane mode disables communications both local and online.

In regards to going online. The y com cam be offline too. Just press y rien dont press the plus button

Last edited by Toady231, Nov 30, 2019
  5. xddhgze
    OP

xddhgze Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    France
    Alright, so would 90DNS be the way to go and is it safe ? don't wanna get myself banned just for one game.

Thanks !

6. Toady231

Feb 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    East Northamptonshire
    I think anything that disables Nintendo network should work as long as it's local trading. but I'm not an expert.

7. xddhgze
    OP

xddhgze Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    France
    After testing, indeed 90DNS does work (Unable to play only / eShop but I can use Y-comm).
    Now I have another solution which is to disable the WiFi (By deleting WiFi options + changing rooter's PIN to be sure) and since I don't think 90DNS may be useful to something to me then I guess disabling is the thing to do.

Thanks !

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted