- Download the lan-play client - http://tiny.cc/ia77fz ( Download and install WinPcap - http://tiny.cc/ye77fz )
- Change your Switch's Wi-Fi IP to anything from "10.13.0.1" to "10.13.255.254" (Use"10.13.37.1" for the Gateway and "255.255.0.0" as Subnet Mask).
- Change your Switch's DNS to primary "220.127.116.11" and secondary "18.104.22.168"
- Open lan-play.exe (lan-play client above)
- Type in the server address (below) and press enter.
- On your switch with the details from above setup do a test connection to the internet.
- If it passes and connects you are done and ready to play the game.
- In Pokemon Sword/Shield press [L] + [R] + [LStick] in Options screen.
P.s This was specifically aimed at Pokémon SWSH users but other game s have hidden LAN modes also, check http://lan-play.com/games to see which support it.
Last edited by kongsnutz,