Homebrew Transfering data to New 3DS without the old console?

QwowJosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys so I'm pretty new to 3DS homebrew and I couldn't find an answer anywhere else so here goes. Basically a couple of years back I had dying 3DS (Which had no homebrew on it) on its last legs. Nintendo's system transfer utility is awful and almost never worked for me so I tried and ultimately failed to transfer it over to another 3DS. In my frustration I gave up and just backed up the SD card I had inside the 3DS on my PC. It's a couple years later and I was wondering if there's a way I can take that data and bring it to a new 3DS system as I don't have the old one anymore. I had a lot of games and saves on it so if I could that would be a massive save for me. Hopefully this isn't too much of a stupid question!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys so I'm pretty new to 3DS homebrew and I couldn't find an answer anywhere else so here goes. Basically a couple of years back I had dying 3DS (Which had no homebrew on it) on its last legs. Nintendo's system transfer utility is awful and almost never worked for me so I tried and ultimately failed to transfer it over to another 3DS. In my frustration I gave up and just backed up the SD card I had inside the 3DS on my PC. It's a couple years later and I was wondering if there's a way I can take that data and bring it to a new 3DS system as I don't have the old one anymore. I had a lot of games and saves on it so if I could that would be a massive save for me. Hopefully this isn't too much of a stupid question!
did you by chance have friends with your old consoles friend code? If not, then that data cannot be recovered as its console unique encrypted.

** You could try to contact nintendo and have them transfer your NNID to the new console. altho I dont know if that would put the console keys onto the new console to get the sd working.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: QwowJosh

QwowJosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did you by chance have friends with your old consoles friend code? If not, then that data cannot be recovered as its console unique encrypted.

** You could try to contact nintendo and have them transfer your NNID to the new console. altho I dont know if that would put the console keys onto the new console to get the sd working.

I did have friends on my 3DS, I could probably get them to find out my friend code because I've definitely forgotten it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol