Homebrew Transfering .cia to a retail game card (card 2-type save)

Platinum Lucario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a huge question I'd like to ask. Is it possible to transfer a .cia save of Pokémon Ultra Sun (leaked .cia) to a retail game card of Pokémon Ultra Sun (Europe) with card 2 type save?

I really need to know if it's possible and to know what region the leaked .cia of Pokémon Ultra Sun is.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a huge question I'd like to ask. Is it possible to transfer a .cia save of Pokémon Ultra Sun (leaked .cia) to a retail game card of Pokémon Ultra Sun (Europe)?

I really need to know if it's possible and to know what region the leaked .cia of Pokémon Ultra Sun is.
It's 100% possible and the .CIA is region free, as are the games themselves. They technically are all multi-region regardless of the product code on the cartridge the saves are all interchangeable.

Reactions: ThoD

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Also, is there any unique values in the save file and in the game itself in which would alert Nintendo if the values don't match or are missing? I certainly don't want to get my 3DS banned
Well anytime the save is edited for example the SHA hash changes, so yeah it can be detected by the game which is why you have to delete the secure data in the first place else the save won't match the one the game last read = corruption message.

Anyhow, as long as you don't go over zealous with cheats it's usually fine. Just use your own common sense, like not giving yourself 99999BP or something ridiculous. Also, if you did incur a ban from an edited save it's not a console or online ban; it's merely a temporary ban from the GameSync servers (PGL/Rating Battles/). All you have to do is start a new game and you're unbanned.

Reactions: Platinum Lucario

Platinum Lucario

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well anytime the save is edited for example the SHA hash changes, so yeah it can be detected by the game which is why you have to delete the secure data in the first place else the save won't match the one the game last read = corruption message.

Anyhow, as long as you don't go over zealous with cheats it's usually fine. Just use your own common sense, like not giving yourself 99999BP or something ridiculous. Also, if you did incur a ban from an edited save it's not a console or online ban; it's merely a temporary ban from the GameSync servers (PGL/Rating Battles/). All you have to do is start a new game and you're unbanned.
I don't edit the save file anyways, nor do I use cheats for the retail versions anyways. At least that it only applies to the ones that edit their saves, thank you for letting me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1