Transfer Project64 Save Game to WiiU VC ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheTechGenius, Jun 25, 2017.

1. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I am trying to transfer Zelda Ocarina of Time N64 game save from Project64 Emulator, to Zelda Ocarina of Time N64 WiiU Virtual Console, and vice-versa.

Is this possible?

I have already used Saviine to dump my save from the WiiU N64 VC, the save file is in .sav format, and there is another file .rs2, which I am assuming the .rs2 file is a save state for the N64 Virtual Console?

The problem is, I don't know how to get Project64 to load the .sav file, or at least try to get a project64 save (.sra) to transfer and load in the WiiU N64 VC.

Can anyone help me out? I have been trying to figure this out by myself for awhile now, and I haven't had any luck.

I have tried to just rename the files, such as .sav to .sra, and that doesn't work. Im not sure how to do this.

I want to transfer these saves because I want to add some cheats to Zelda Ocarina of Time using Project64, then save the game, then transfer the save back to the WiiU to play the game with a modified save using cheats. lol

Thank You!

2. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    most save formats I remember being pretty easy, if you were to send me both files I could probably make it happen.

3. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Oh wow, that would be awesome! Thank you! I will send you a message today sometime. It's almost 5am here right now. Lol

4. Dankgamez

Dankgamez Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    did it work?

5. Perfect One

Perfect One GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    This is what i wanna know too.

I dumped Bomberman 64 save, which came with 3 files inside save's folder: key.bin, UNBME0.093.rs2 and UNBME0.093.sav.

I got UNBME0.093.sav and renamed it to UNBME0.093.eep. Project 64 2.3 recognized it nicely.

I used some gameshark cheats and unlocked everything. Project 64 2.3 ok with that, game fully finished.

When i sent the file back and renamed it to UNBME0.093.sav and injected via Saviine, it dumped, but the game itself didn't show anything new/unlocked, instead, just appeared as when i dumped it to PC.

What am i doing wrong, exactly? Can some help me on that, please?

Thanks!

6. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Actually I never tried it. I just play old games on an emulator on my PC.

I know it wasn't working for me though, so I just connected my gaming PC to my TV and play emulated games on my T.V. and a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller connected to my PC.

7. Perfect One

Perfect One GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2017
    Brazil
    What i find weird now is that all Project 64 save files i found for Mario Tennis 64 are 1,85kb, but wiiu vc one is 2kb.

Is there a way to make that save from 1,85kb to 2kb?

8. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    What if I wanted to do this using Wii64 instead of Project 64, would that work?

9. pasc

pasc GBATemps GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Germany
    Germany
    If a usable save was produced I herby proclaim interest.
    (Don't feel like replaying it...)

10. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I feel the same way. Not sure if I can do this with Wii U VC and Wii64 yet

11. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:37 AM
    Blaze Uchiha likes this.