Any way to get saves from Project64 (PC) and use them on Wii U N64 VC?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by EmulateLife, Jan 25, 2019.

1. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    Cabimas, Zulia, Venezuela
    Glad to know you got MM to work. Did you do anything else besides using sbn64? I'd like to update the GitHub repository, but first I want to make sure the changes work.

The problem with DK64 is probably related to the huge difference in EEPROM save file sizes. You can cut the converted PJ64 save file down to 0x700 (1792) bytes using a hex editor and test it.

2. EmulateLife
    OP

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Used your program then renamed both the .rs (restore point) and .sav to it, and copied over them in WiiU/backups then restore via savemii. Akatoosh had it right when he posted what he did in another thread.

DK 64 technically worked because when I load the save in game it only says 1 minute on Project 64 too but I have a save state that's further but when I try to save in game after using save state it still only ends up being 1 minute I believe it's due to the mempak cause I've had issues with the mempak on my Project64.

Last edited Jan 29, 2019
    DarkMatterCore likes this.
  3. Blesmore

Blesmore Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    I successfully did the opposite thanks to your program, DarkMatterCore.

I wanted to transfer my Paper Mario progress from the Wii U VC to Mupen64Plus FZ for Android.

Converted successfully with:

.\sbn64.exe -i .\UNMQP0.810.sav -o save.sav -s wiivc -d pj64

32_Degriis and DarkMatterCore like this.
  4. 32_Degriis

32_Degriis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    @DarkMatterCore I seem to be having trouble using your program. I don't understand how to use it. I tried clicking it and tried opening my .eep with the program but I can't get it to work. I was hoping you could explain how to use it.

5. DarkMatterCore

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    You're supposed to use it with a command prompt window. The program doesn't have a GUI.

32_Degriis likes this.
  6. 32_Degriis

32_Degriis Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    I was able to successfully run the program and I got the message
    "Detected save type: EEPROM (4 Kbits).
    Conversion process successfully completed!"
    But I can't seem to find the output file.
    One thing I should note is that for the input I typed -i C:\Users\32_Degriis\Documents\sbn64-master\sbn64-master\Banjo-Kazooie.eep instead of simply -i Banjo-Kazooie.eep because it was having trouble reading the file.

7. DarkMatterCore

May 30, 2009
    Venezuela
    You should use the "cd" command to change your current working directory to "C:\Users\32_Degriis\Documents\sbn64-master\sbn64-master", and then run sbn64. Only then, you'll be able to just use filenames as the input and output arguments.

8. EmulateLife
    OP

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Ok so now I'm trying to convert saves from Wii U VC to Mupen64plus-next on Switch so I can play them on the go. I can't figure out how to pad the save it always comes out 128 kb and doesn't work. I tried sbn64.exe -i "Unkte0.024.sav" -o "Banjo Kazooie.srm" -s wiivc -d pj64 but makes 128. How do I make it 290 as that's what Switch saves (using retroarch) are. I know it's possible because I did it in January but now can't remember.

9. EmulateLife
    OP

May 30, 2016
    United States
    After all day of trying I remembered about p64tosrm, worked like a charm.