Hacking transfer mario kart save game from pal to NTSC?

st0neski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like a lot of people here I have been playing Mario Kart wii on my NTSC for a few weeks using the pal version. I used regionfrii to make it work on my NTSC Wii. I decided to buy the retail version because I felt like it was worth the money. Now my problems becomes the fact that I have saved games from my pal version of mario kart that are not showing up in my NTSc version. Does anyone know a way to make them show up in the NTSC version?

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before you star flaming me i want you know this is the only thread i found with a similar problem to mine

so is there a way to copy a PAL save to an NTSC system besides the settings menu(which refuses to copy it)

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, i tried that, used hacks.ini creator to activate them all, then DL a PAL save of MK for the PAL iso but cant copy it to the system memory. It shows error message "The data might not be copied" or something like that. My wii is NTSC.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not possible. I had the same problem with Red Steel. Had an NTSC save and a PAL iso. No solution other then to find a save similar to yours on gamefaqs and install it with save manager or start over again.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's extremely difficult. The save files are completely different and there is no easy way to do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs